superannuation is not calculating

Catherine_10112643
Catherine_10112643 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2020 in Reckon One
Super is not calculating. I have created my pay run for my casual staff (we are a micro business), and it is not calculating any super.  One of them is being paid 520 (so above the minimium of 450/month, another is being paid 250 (so by next week will also be above the minimum, and both of their pay runs show $0 as super. Please help- Reckon One

Comments

• Catherine_10112643
    Catherine_10112643 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    okay so I have since made progress for the one who has earned above the minimum- it was a box that I had not yet ticked. To anyone with this problem in the future:
    -settings
    -pay items
    - find and click on the super guarantee pay item down the bottom.  It then gives you a list of all of the pay items which you want them to use to calculate super, so just tick the pay items which you are using.

Unfortunately I have not yet found a way to calculate the super for the 250 (although I know it needs to be done as they will qiuickly meet the threshold, so if anyone knows how to override the system to add in super please let me know,

• Hawk
    Hawk Member Posts: 65
    edited July 2019
    For the $250, it will automatically add to next week payrun once it exceed $450
  • kenl90
    kenl90 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Catherine,I have the same problem but the solution is not in the Setting. The SGC Rate is showing as 'blank', hence not calculating the SGC amount. I have 4 other casual staff setup exactly the same and it works. Just that one staff where it kept on calculating $0 for the SGC although the gross pay for the month is over $450. Any other ideas?

• Tracey Good
    Tracey Good Member Posts: 18
    edited August 2019
    I have a similar issue, being paid over the $450 and are over 18 but super didnt calculate.  The SG choices in the pay setup are ticked correctly
  • meimei ngan
    meimei ngan Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2019
    I have the same problem.  
  • Paula Langdon_10185558
    Paula Langdon_10185558 Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2019

I have the same problem - Micro business, over $450 threshold, have included the relevant pay items, over 18,  but won't calculate in the payslip.

Would really be great if someone could reply to help us all out please!

Thanks

Paula
  • Paula Langdon_10185558
    Paula Langdon_10185558 Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2019
    Hi all,
    Not sure if this will solve the problem of others - but have found a solution to mine.

If you have changed the information under any payroll items AFTER you have set up a payrun, you will need to go back and delete the payrun and redo it.

1. Click Day to Day on left menu
    2. Click on the payment/slip to be amended
    3. Delete item - ignore the messages that come after it. Your information will remain. The payrun should now appear in Draft mode.
    4. Click 'Pay Runs" on left menu
    5. Choose the payment run to be amended
    6. Undo the pay run (top left of screen) - the Superannuation amount should now appear
    7. Return to Pay Runs, Save and Finish Payrun.

The payslip should now reflect the correct payments of superannuation.

If a pay run is still in draft mode, then it needs to be completed deleted and just start again from the beginning.

Hope this helps someone - because it certainly helped me!

Thanks

Paula
  • kenl90
    kenl90 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    After lots of trial and discussion with one of the support staff. The solution is none of the above. Eg. Say, you have a weekly pay run. IF (that's a big IF) you have not setup the Super details of your employee on the very FIRST run for the month, then the system DOES NOT calculate the SGC when the amount exceeds $450 for the month. Well, it does, except that it will not be shown (you can see that when you hover your mouse over the $0 amount. It will show the SGC amount BUT it will not be added at the end of the month (see attachment).

e.g. for Employee A
    Payrun 1 = $200
    Payrun 2 = $220
    Super details entered after Payrun 2
    Payrun 3 = 150 - no pay run calculated as the system thinks that the total is still under <$450

Total SGC should be = $570 x 0.095 = $54.15

Solution
    1. Reverse all your pay runs.
    2. Ensure Super details are now entered correctly
    3. Redo the Payruns

Hope it works for you.