Superannuation - negative payroll liabilities

Leisha S
Leisha S Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted

Hi! Reckon Accounts Hosted 2018. I've searched through past post, but no success! My problem is, I have a negative balance for 1 employee's super? The first payslip for Jan 2019 had no super, as it didn’t reach the threshold for the month, but then the second pay cycle had super & Reckon calculated the additional/correct super as now we'd made the threshold for the month. My Payroll Liability report is correct, but when I go into pay my liabilities, Jan 2019 has a negative value?? I haven't processed anything any differently (to my knowledge!). Dec 2018 super was all ok, so why do I have a negative liability? What have I mucked up? Thanks kindly in advance!

Comments

• Leisha S
    edited April 2020
    Thanks so much for the reply Kevin! Still the same :( negative value hasn't changed! 
  • Leisha S
    edited April 2020
    Widened the search & found negitive amount in Jan 2018!? Why would it only show up now, when I've been using this fund/account prior? Why would I have a negative amount? What has changed or what have I changed? I know I haven't changed anything, cos I wouldn't know how to! Geez!!
  • Leisha S
    edited March 2019
    Thanks Kevin! Will send you an email now.
  • Vicki Dederer
    Vicki Dederer Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2019
    Hi Leisha,
    This has happened to me a couple of times, it seems that when I do a backup, it does not rebuild some supers, so painful !!!!
  • Leisha S
    edited March 2019
    Hi Vicki,
    This is the first time I've had this happen. Any suggestions as to how to fix from your experience? I've got to investigate a suggestion from Kevin, but interested on your version if you have time. Thanks!
  • Vicki Dederer
    Vicki Dederer Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2019
    I discovered it last year when doing group certificates and again now, I am still working through mine at the moment. Last time it seemed to happen with the salary sacrifice payments so I went through and redid them manually, also I found that I had to open ,unlock and then close the pay slips which helped the totals, this time it is random pay slips so I will probably go through them all the same. Lucky for me I also still do a wage book so the entries will be easy to redo. but it is so frustrating, good luck