supplier list showing annual spends

Nadine
Nadine Member Posts: 52
Trying to run this report, but it prints blank.
Go to Reports > Purchases > Purchases by Supplier summary.
Would anyone know why?
I need to be able to give management a report showing our most common suppliers with the annual spends.

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi there - this report only refers to purchases of items - so if you enter bills and allocate amounts direct to an account in the General Ledger (chart of accounts) then this wont show in this report - this report is only relevant if you purchase actual items on the items tab of the Bill... hopefully this makes sense and answers your question?

In order to achieve the report you want you will need to create a Custom Summary Report - you can use Display Columns by Total (or month, qtr, etc) and then Display rows by Supplier - and go to the Fonts & Numbers tab and choose to use a trailing minus... this should give you what you want? Cheers Linda
  • Nadine
    edited November 2017
    Hi Linda
    Thank you so much for your help with this. I was able to create exactly what I needed, although I feel it is a shame the report can not be generated without the minus symbol altogether. 
    Thanks, Nadine
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    No worries Nadine - I agree it would be good to remove it altogether - putting it at the end is the best we can do... in a ledger reporting sense credit entries are positive and debit entries are negative...  Cheers Linda
  • Nadine
    edited February 2018
    Hi Linda

I am trying to run this report again, and for some reason this time it is only giving me the account balance at the end of the period, i.e. running the report from July 17 to Jan 18 and the totals showing on the report are the balance for each supplier at the end of January. Do you know why this would be or what I could be doing wrong?