Supplier Remittance Advice Template

Teresa Huang
Teresa Huang Member Posts: 30
Hi I have 2 questions about remittance advice template in Reckon Accounts. 

Question  (1)

I created a new template with company logo etc, named "Remittance Advice", and then made the original "Supplier Remittance Advice" template inactive, so that only one remittance advice template is active (the new one). 

Then when I go to  File - Print Forms - Remittance Advice...,  The "Supplier Remittance Advice" still shows up in Remittance Style as default. See image below.  I have to click the arrow to choose my template every time. 

Shouldn't it be inactive already? Why does it still show up? Can I make it disappear? or at least make my own template as default? 

Question (2)
(I may be a bit pedantic on this one) 

The amount in "Payment Amount" in the template header does not have a "$" sign. What can i do to add it to the template?

Thanks for any help available! 

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Must be a fault in the remittance form, I also have the standard remittance inactive and it is always the first option of remittances.

• Teresa Huang
    edited March 2017

That's rather inconvenient!

Also Debonair do you have any tips on the $ sign question? :-)

• DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    Yes it is slightly inconvenient, I have just gotten used to it after 17 years!
    I just checked my remittances, they are showing the $ sign. Have no idea why yours does not.

• DebonAir
    edited May 2017
  • Teresa Huang
    edited March 2017

ok, that means I've got another 10+ year to go!

As for the $ sign, that's weird. I have **** for the amounts in the "Amount" and "Balance" columns but just not in the Payment Amount header.

Checked preference settings and couldn't find anything that helps. Irritating...

• DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    Yes, this is the same as mine. Someone creating the program not paying attention to detail!
  • Carrie_7009426
    Carrie_7009426 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2019
    I have the same issue in the Email Payslips screen - I have created my own template and made the default one inactive, but everytime I go in I have to manually switch it over to my template.
  • DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    Yes, it seems RA does this in many areas.
  • Alicia Anderson
    Alicia Anderson Member Posts: 12

It is October 2020 and I have these exact to issues with the remittance advice, it really frustrates me! Has anyone please got a solution to this??

• Alicia Anderson

@Rav Can you help with this please?

• Steve Cook
    Steve Cook Member Posts: 150 ✭✭

Exact same issue. In the screen shot:

"Supplier Remittance Advice" is the default template in RA (INACTIVE)

"_Remittance Advice" is my customised template (ACTIVE)

The inactive template still appears in the drop-down. Have to manually select my custom template EVERY TIME

For last 13 years I have been using RA with this issue. Now using RA2019. Reckon will not release a patch for RA2019. And I refuse to play the subscription game. So I now just live with it.....☹️

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi all,

Unfortunately there is no ability to set a custom remittance template as the default remittance 'style' in the software. You will need to select it from the dropdown list.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Alicia Anderson

That's a shame. What about having a dollar sign at the top right of the remittance?