support upgrading 2014 tax tables

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Hi, I am trying to update my Reckon Accounts with the new 2014 Tax Tables.  When I come to the screen where it asks me to select your Reckon Accounts, I can not see my Reckon Accounts anywhere.  When I browse and look in the Path where the file is kept, it does not show up at all.  I have tried moving it to the Desktop and looking for it there, but still does not work.  It is not showing up any of my company files, when there should be at least 4 to choose from.  Could you please help me sort this out.  I have tried to phone support (as I understood they have extended operating hours) but they are closed.  Thanks very much!
Photo of Heather

Heather

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Suzanne Lockwood

Suzanne Lockwood, Accredited Partner

• 2,774 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Hi Heather,

Do you have Reckon Accounts 2014 installed as the tax update is only relevant for that version and will not list earlier versions?

Suzanne Lockwood

Reckon Accredited Consultant

suzanne.lockwood@lockington.com.au

Photo of Heather

Heather

Hi Suzanne, 
I have Reckon Accounts 2013.  I have not received a disc to upgrade to 2014 - is there a download available on-line or is there a tax update for the 2013 version?  
Thanks Heather
I am having the same problem Suzanne - I didn't receive any email from them or a CD, tried to download the 2014 tax table update for my Account sPlus 2013 version but when I go to install it I can't because it says it is only a patch for the Release 1 version, I have the R2 version so I have no idea what to do!
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Bernadette, sorry to hear you're having troubles with tax table update. The update is only available for Reckon Accounts 2014. Upgrades to newer versions of Accounts and tax table updates are available to Advantage and Subscription customers. When you log into the members site it should say on the top right if you are a current member. If you believe you are but have troubles on the website, you may wish to contact our Customer Service team on 1800 RECKON. Along with dealing with subscriptions, CS can also send out upgrade disks. Upgrade emails were sent a few months back to all those eligible for upgrade to Reckon Accounts 2014. Thanks, Mirko.

Photo of Heather

Heather

Suzanne,
I have found a couple of other people with similar problems & have since found the original email sent with the link for the 2014 upgrade.

I agree that the email is not clear on the instructions and there are probably a lot of similar people with the problem.  I have been using this software for many years & this is the first time I have come across this issue.  It may be something that Reckon needs to make clearer for customers as it has wasted a lot of my time, searching for ways to fix this problem.   In the past the upgrade CD has always been posted to me - this has obviously changed also?
 Hopefully once I have downloaded the 2014 upgrade this will fix the problems.

Thanks
Heather

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Heather, sorry for the confusion. Once you get RA 2014 up and running you will be able to run the Tax Table update. I'll pass on your feedback to the Marketing team regarding the Communication that was sent out. All updates will now be by download, unless you request a CD/DVD (there is generally a link in email for this, or you can give us a call). Thanks again for your feedback and for you understanding. ^Mirko
I am also having terrible trouble trying to download the tax tables. I have downloaded the Accounts Plus 2013 version which is what I am using but when I try to install it it says that it is only a patch for R1, my version is R2. Tried ringing today but was going to be on hold for 28 minutes. It was going to cost me $4.90 for every minute of technical support. I wish I had never bought Quickbooks, it is just sooooo confusing and you can't seem to get straight forward help anywhere. So now I will just go to the shop, get a copy of the Tax Tables and mannualy enter them everytime I do the pays. Very frustrating!!!!
Photo of Heather

Heather

I have now upgraded and installed 2014 current tax tables.  Ever since I upgraded though, when I go to do certain things it comes up with an error message and kicks me out.  Luckily I am in the process of changing over to Quickbooks Online but just wanted to cross reference for a little while to make sure all information is accurate.  So far I am finding Quickbooks Online support much better and it is a lot easier to use.  I am very happy I have made the change from Reckon, as it is a lot of money to pay per year,  not even receive a disc to upgrade to the latest version!