symbol displays on printed invoice when not on screen

Peta Britton
Peta Britton Member Posts: 6
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
When creating an invoice from billable expenses, a symbol is displaying on the printed form in the tax column where it should be blank. For example we have the subtotal line (Total Reimbursable Expenses) where there is a figure but no tax code displayed, it doesn't provide an option to insert a codeimage

Comments

• Peta Britton
    edited September 2018
    Any help?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2018
    Hi there Peta,
    Is this occurring on all invoices you generate or when using a particular template?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Peta Britton
    edited July 2020
    Only when I am trying to invoice using add time/costs it is the same template that we use for all other invoicing with no issues.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Rav.  I also have this same issue with Tax Receipts for one entity which is not registered for GST.  Despite having nothing entered on the receipt for the Tax Code, Reckon is inserting a symbol into the Tax Code field on the receipt, in the form of a square box.  For another entity registered for GST, placing nothing in the tax code field also generates a different vertical box in the Tax Code field when printing.
    My experiences tend to indicate that the problem only occurs when one elects to print the tax code field when nothing has been inserted into that field prior to printing.
    For my major entity, we are part of a GST Tax Group which means that no tax code is used when generating anything between members of the group, but here again, the problem only seems to surface when the form to be printed has provision for the tax code to be included on the printed form,, but where nothing has been inserted into that field on the specific form being used.
    John L G
  • Peta Britton
    edited September 2018
    Have you found a work around John?
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hi Peta.  In my case, my only solution would be not to print the Tax Code field on my receipts (essentially), but to date I have not done that and instead have tended to live with the problem. Reckon's templates do allow for the tax code to be included on the initial input forms and for them not to be printed when finalising the transaction.
    In your case, this is another example of an item being used without the input of a tax code, which is causing a problem.  Obviously you are not in a position to do that. I have also seen other variations of the symbol, similar to what you have shown above.  Perhaps you could experiment by trying to place an N/R code against that Reimbursable Expenses line and see what happens.  I just do not know what the effect might be from a tax point of view if you do so, without doing testing myself.
    I will make some further enquiries when back in the office tomorrow.
    John L G