Tax Detail Report

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I'm running a Tax Detail Report and its displaying the quarters wrong.  eg Jul14 and aug14-oct14 and nov14-jan15 any idea?
Photo of Nicole

Nicole

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Suzanne Lockwood

Suzanne Lockwood, Accredited Partner

• 2,786 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Nicole,
Go to your Company Information settings - Company menu > Company Information...
Check that you have July selected as the first month of your Financial & Tax Years in the Report Information section.
Suzanne
Photo of Nicole

Nicole

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Suzanne,
It is in July for Financial & Tax Years any other ideas?
Photo of Suzanne Lockwood

Suzanne Lockwood, Accredited Partner

• 2,786 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Are you running the report from scratch or using a memorised report?
Photo of Nicole Mighell

Nicole Mighell

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I assume it's a memorised report. It just the stand one in reckon.
Nicole.  Clarify a couple of your environment factors that might impact
a)  What Reckon product and year (version/edition) are you actually running?
b)  What operating system are you running, assuming this is a desktop product (a)
c)  Again, if desktop,  what regional settings/dates are in your operating system?
d) To followup Suzanne,  what date ranges are you using for the selection in te report (ie:  Last Quarter?  or  a specific dd-mm-yyy thru  dd-mm-yyyy?

Gary
Photo of Nicole Mighell

Nicole Mighell

I'm using reckon pro 2014 and the date range 01/07/2014 - 30/06/2015. My time zone is Canberra Melbourne Sydney
Photo of Nicole Mighell

Nicole Mighell

It seems to me that the report is running on a calendar basis instead of a financial year basis is there somewhere I could check this
Nicole ......
Hmmm...

Are you ending up with the TWO reports:
-  "Tax Detail Report (Cash Net)
-  and the 2nd  "Tax Detail reprot (Cash Tax)", ?

AND
- on each report, yo say you've selected From: 01/07/2014  Top 30/6/2015,    YES?
    (If YES,   then I'll assume the 'Dates" end up with the word "Custom")
- WHAT happens if you then overwrite (drop down) over the "custom" date,
    and select: "This Tax Year". 
             -   Does it do the right date range to the right, 
             -   and does the heading show   the July 2014 through June 2015, 
             -   and are the month(or quarters) split properly?
                    (3 answers please!)

I agree with your assertion that it seems to be running some sort of offset calendar period rather than a tax quarter, by your observations......  Not sure whether the operating system can impact that 'offset' experience,  but will be my next topic to consider.....

Gary
Photo of Nicole Mighell

Nicole Mighell

If run this tax year the dates are 01/02/2015-31/01/2016. And the quarters are displayed as February to April and May to July and August October and November to January
Nicole

This is really looking like Suzanne's suggestion right at the start of this forum article is where the cause is.,    I;m wondering if, despite the Company Info START MONTH being 'seen' to be July' on the screen, is in fact containing something in the background that is offset as another month.  To prove this, given you have a DESKTOP PRO version of Reckon Accounts,  try this.

a)  EXIT Reckon Accounts

b)  Copy the QBW file to a really out of the way temporary folder somewhere else on your system.

c)  RENAME the test copy to a filename to clearly demonstrate it is 'testingdatesidea.QBW for instance

d) Open that 'testingdatesidea.QBW to have a biti of a play around.

(i)  gtake up Suzanne's idea, by forcing a change from JULY to say AUGUST and save/exit

(ii)  go back INTO the 'testingdatesidea.QBW test company and change it to JULY, save/exit

(iii)  Go back into it again, a 3rd time,  and try running your Tax Detail report.

If that makes a change - terrific.  but what comes next,  needs to be through out,m as far as the REAL file is concerned.

Just test and report back here - don't go doing this idea on the live file, until the full consequence s of the idea are thought out.  There may be ramifications of adjusting a start date after a company is up and running live - and I'd like to to suggest that PSG gets queried on that before risking damage to your file.

This test twice, fix once approach is important.

Gary Pope
An Accredited Partner- Consultant  (VIC. Aust)

"Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
      independent IT Professional
and retired FCPA Accountant"

Photo of Graham Boast

Graham Boast, Accredited Partner

• 11,654 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Nicole

This setting is in the Supplier Information for the supplier "Australian Taxation Office".  See below

Graham Boast 0409317366
Reckon Accredited Consultant
graham@reckonhelp.com.au
http://reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm
Brilliant, Graham!  
Photo of Nicole Mighell

Nicole Mighell

That's it thanks Graham:)