tax file number in valid in reckon 2019 and cant lodge STP

Options
Melissa Reiners
Melissa Reiners Member Posts: 2
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Just opened hosted 2019,made payrun ,

when I download the file thefirst message is 
instance.EmployeeData[5].Summary.TFN does not meet maximum length of 9
The Error with Taxfile number is stopping me from lodging the STP . The number is correct. have used same number with reckon/hosted for 20 years . took out spaces in my own but reckon hosted will not accept tfn number Please Help

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Are there any special characters like dashes or other invalid characters in the field? It needs to be only be numbers.
    After you corrected the TFN by removing the spaces did you recreate the pay event file or use the same one? You need to recreate the pay event and then submit it via GovConnect

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Melissa

Often if is a space at the end that you often never notice, not always a space in between
  • Belinda_10142256
    Belinda_10142256 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I have the same error coming up have checked with the employee and  A.T.O AND TFN is correct for employee. There are no special characters or spaces so I can not lodge STP please help
    Thankyou  The A.T.O said to check with you.
    Also had problem with leave and sick days accruing in the negative had hours set for employee but under employee defaults in the edit>preferences>employee and payroll clicked on employee defaults to find it was on every pay changed it to hours also cleared 0.00 to blank and it came up with the proper figures , that would be a helpful tip to have on you leave tutorial as I only found by chance.
  • Tracey Jones_10578307
    Tracey Jones_10578307 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2020
    Options
    issue still not resolved
    if resolved, where do I find the fix?