Tax line item problem using 'split'

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Hi All. I have been using Quicken for 20 years so I know it pretty well!.  I am currently posting entries into Quicken 2012 from my property management statements I receive from my Managers.  The 'Split' option has suddenly stopped working. I can drop the box down to choose my category but Quicken will not accept it.  Quicken is not allowing me to enter the split line item and will not pick up my choice of category when I click on it so I have now had to enter the items as separate entries so I can show the income and then the expenses related to that period as per the statement.  It will also not allow me to modify any previously entered 'split' items and will not change the category previously posted to.  Any help would be appreciated as it is driving me crazy.  Split always worked up until now.  I have been waiting to finish 2014 Tax before upgrading to a newer version of Quicken but am concerned.  Is this a problem anyone else has encountered. I have posted a screen print below

Photo of Carol Wagner

Carol Wagner

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Deny Dharmawan

Deny Dharmawan, Alum

• 2,530 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Hi Carol,

Please try clicking on the type of the category. In your case, click on the word 'Expense' for the category that you want to select. This could happen if you have a long name in total for that category.

Regards

Deny Dharmawan

Photo of Carol Wagner

Carol Wagner

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ive done that Deny.  Quicken will not allow me to select any Category in the 'split' window even if I click on any of the categories.  'split' not working at all for new entries or to change an old entry.  Please can you help?
Photo of Deny Dharmawan

Deny Dharmawan, Alum

• 2,530 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Hi Carol,

I would like to double check, when you click the drop down menu for category. Are you clicking the word 'Expense' as highlighted below when you try to select that category?

]

Regards

Deny Dharmawan