Tax planner for spouse

Options
Mark_B
Mark_B Member Posts: 21
Hello, I would like to start using the tax planner feature of Personal plus 2015.

I've captured income amount for my partner and I using the "Setup a paycheque" feature and use unique categories to record the income from each of our employers (also unique).

How can I use the tax estimate feature to provide a estimate for our separate tax returns.

Thanks 

Comments

• Kevin Chamberlain
    Kevin Chamberlain Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2016
    Options

I think it is a cumbersome tool that requires significant user input inputting the correct information, e.g. amounts already split for joint assets.

Cheers,

Kevin

• Stan Goodacre_7441171
    Stan Goodacre_7441171 Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Mark,

To keep all yours and your spouse's data separate the simplest approach I have found is to use the "TAG" entry when inputting data. In my case for any given year my wife's data has a tag, for example, E15 and mine is S15 for last financial year and E16 and S16 for this year. If, for example, you have joint investments and receive a dividend of "X" you enter the info as "X/2" as a franked dividend under "div/fr" category for each person with the appropriate tag. The same for imputation credits, interest etc.
    When you want to finalise the data for a given year you can prepare a taxation report for each person by asking for only those items with the person's tag to be included.

It might sound a bit complicated by it works well for me.

Hope that helps.
    Stan