tax tables 2018-2019

angela hepburn
angela hepburn Member Posts: 1
edited September 2019 in Payroll Premier
I have updated to reckon accounts plus 2018 successfully. However not sure re tax tables. It does say that i have R2-1819272. Not sure if this is correct as when i process a pay, tax is exactly same amount as last year.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Angela,
    The new tax table update is 1819272. When you're in your company file if you press Ctrl+1 together, a Product Information screen will appear which will show your version, if it states Reckon Accounts 2018 Release R2P then you are running the correct, updated version which is compliant.

Info on the tax rates from the previous year to now can be found on the ATO website -
    https://www.ato.gov.au/Rates/Individual-income-tax-for-prior-years/

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Angela Hepburn_9715425
    Angela Hepburn_9715425 Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2018
    i have printed out the ato tax tables incase i cant get through to Reckon accounts and I will have to process wage manually until I get this sorted.

• Angela Hepburn_9715425
    edited July 2018
    I have R2 that is what i was guided to install. hope its the right one?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    That is the correct tax table and is compliant with the ATO so yes you've updated correctly.

In regard to the pay you're processing and the tax, what you are comparing to in order to determine that its wrong?
    Have you checked that the tax changes that have been introduced apply to the pay you are processing?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Angela Hepburn_9715425
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav, what i did is process the same pay as last week and tax amount is exactly the same as last weeks pay. so therefore hasnt changed at all.
    When i look at the ato tax table there is a difference of $28 taxed on gross amount. Reckon account has not changed at all, that is why i questioned weather it was installed correctly and installation looks ok but tax amount doesnt

• Rav
    edited July 2018
    I'd recommend checking the tax item components/setup in your pay is matching what is outlined in the ATO info. 

Essentially, we're looking for any causes of the disparity.

What is the tax scale in question and what are the numbers in this pay that we're questioning specifically?

Gross:
    Period (weekly, monthly etc):
    Tax Scale:
    What amount of PAYG is being calculated:?

• Angela Hepburn_9715425
    edited July 2018
    gross is $786.98 tax $136 net $729.43. its a weekly wage.
    for this financially year tax on that gross income shourl be $109 not $136
  • Angela Hepburn_9715425
    edited July 2018
    i also have travel allowance include in the above of $78.45 (5 days by $15.69)
  • Angela Hepburn_9715425
    edited July 2018
    hourly pay is 20.71 x 38 hours
    Can i manually adjust tax according to tax timetable? 

• Angela Hepburn_9715425
    edited July 2018
    i have been on hold since 8am and after operator transferring me incorrectly, is ther any way I can be given a call back? I am still holding after 3 hours and i dont see that as fair at all after incompetent operator
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    Tax is being calculated on the travel allowance too - if you add the gross and the travel allowance = $864.45.  Tax on $864.45 weekly is $135
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Angela,
    I'm very sorry that you've been on hold so long, the guys & girls are really busy at the moment.

I've spoken to our Product Manager and based on the above info you've given in regard to this pay this is our output -

Your issue is that your Super item is set to include PAYG.
    Edit the item and untick PAYG.

The below screenshot is more than likely the screen that you're seeing currently which you need to review with the above info.

• Angela Hepburn_9715425
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Robyn looks like everything is ok my end then. Just that i expected a bigger change in the tax tables. Looks like they havent changed much at all.
    Thankyou for your help.
  • Kim Phung Nguyen
    Kim Phung Nguyen Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2018
    Hi! Can someone lep me know where can I download the year 2018 tax table? Thank you