Personal Plus Tax Planner

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)

I have a current licence for Personal Plus. I am trying to use the Tax Planner but the only options are for the LAST two financial years.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it usable? Are there any tricks I should know about to make this work?

Thanks

Photo of Betty Jane

Betty Jane

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Hoang

Hoang, Alum

• 922 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Betty,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

It is correct that Reckon Account Personal Plus 2013 only has the two previous financial year, Reckon Accounts Personal 2014 range is not yet release and there is no ETA.

Regards,
Hoang
Photo of Judith Davis

Judith Davis

• 266 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I upgraded last year and was told that the 2013-14 tax year would be available late January. How do I work out the tax owing in the year 2014 tax return?????????
Photo of Betty Jane

Betty Jane

They have certainly dropped the ball here...but they have our money!
Photo of Judith Davis

Judith Davis

I rang and was told they were too busy with research  to do the tax planner year 2013/14 and did not know when they would do the tax year again.   We I paid for my licence I was told the tax planner for 2013/14 would be out in the new year (2014).  so I paid up.
Photo of Michael Ip

Michael Ip

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This is a joke not tax planner for this financial year and also unable to upgrade to windows 8.1 from XP due to unrealistic licensing restrictions or updated program after paying yearly.
Photo of Betty Jane

Betty Jane

Oh well that's not very good when I pay my licence every year.

Photo of James

James

• 60 Points
its very miss leading to the consumer when they advertise " Great tax features ease the pain of tax time. Items can be automatically categorised in line with ATO ‘Tax Pack’ questions to help you prepare your tax returns." this was the main reason  I bought the product. I will be getting advice from Consumer Protect
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi All, I've sought some more information from the Accounts Personal Product Management team and they've come back with this:

Dear Reckon Accounts Personal Customers,

Reckon is committed to the development of Reckon Accounts Personal range and will be developing this product in the future. Going forward we will be releasing Reckon Accounts Personal Plus and Home & Business. The product was not released last October as we wanted to bring it in line with the development and release of other Reckon Accounts applications.

We are just about to release the Reckon Accounts Personal 2015 version of the product, with release planned for by the end of August.

The new product will have tax tables available for the 2013-14 and 2014-15 financial years as well as an updated Elite Rental & HUBB applications amongst other enhancements.

We look forward to working on this product and making sure that it is still the best one out in the market.

Regards,
Jasmina Cahill
Product Manager
I hope this provides some more context. I'm looking forward to the new Personal range myself and will even be installing bootcamp/parallels on my MacBook so I can run it at home!

Cheers,
Mirko
Photo of Judith Davis

Judith Davis

Do Personal Plus 2013 users get a discount on the new product since they did not get anything for their 2013 subscription which was promised by February 2014.???
Judith Davis
Photo of Betty Jane

Betty Jane

Funny how you finally got a reply (within hours) when James threatened to go to Consumer Protect...NOW we know how to get a reaction.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hi Betty, I forgot to mention that the above response was a copy from another thread which I though was suitable as it related to the same issue: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/what_is_going_to_happen_to_reckon_home_business_2013. Thanks, Mirko

Photo of Betty Jane

Betty Jane

Mirko, what happened about the

"We are just about to release the Reckon Accounts Personal 2015 version of the product, with release planned for by the end of August."

I am being asked to renew my subscription and would like to know if it is worth it???

Photo of Betty Jane

Betty Jane

I notice the silence! Again Reckon are asking for our subscription with nothing to give us in return.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Betty, Reckon Accounts 2015 has been released and subscription members should have received the email upgrade. If you have not, please give our customer service team a call on 1800 RECKON to organise your upgrade. Thanks, Mirko.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.