Technical support are not helpful!!!!

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
What is the point of having technical support if they don't know how to help with simplyt tasks?  I have an employee who didn't add enough hours on his time sheet so was only paid for 31.5 hrs.  He has now told me he needs pay for an additional 3.5hrs.  How do I do this so that only the extra 3.5 hrs is paid on the paycheque?
Photo of Emma Allford

Emma Allford

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Shannon Sciuto

Shannon Sciuto

• 2,090 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Emma, 

I understand it can definitely be frustrating!!  The tech support team can normally only provide support with the software itself and can't really give you advice about payroll matters.  

In a situation where you want to pay him those 3.5hrs before the next schedule payrun, and you've already paid him the 31.5hrs you just need to do an unscheduled payrun just for that employee.  Go to the Employee Centre > Payroll tab > pay employees. 

From there, just select the employee to be paid, set the pay period end date to be the same as the last pay period date it applies to and the payment date to the date you will be making the payment.  Then open the paycheque detail and process just those 3.5hrs to be paid.  Reckon should work out the additional tax payable for you (it may seem a little high as its calculating on the same payrun, not a new one).  Then finish off the payrun as usual. 

I'd recommend you have a chat to your bookkeeper or accountant if you're not 100% sure. 

I hope this helps. 
Photo of Emma Allford

Emma Allford

Thanks for your helpful comments.  I have just processed it like this. I ended up ringing up a friend I had forgotten uses the program too and she also told me to do it like this.  Tech support kept telling me that I needed to keep the original hours in there which then caused the employee to be paid twice for those hours.
Photo of Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions

Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions, Accredited Partner

• 4,968 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hello Emma

That would be because your question was not technical related rather training related. Tech Support can help with technical issues with the program. Should you require assistant with Bookkeeping/Data Entry issues, that is a training question you would be best ask your Bookkeeper/Trainer as there are far more legislative issues to consider than just how to get it into the software.

Thank you tech Support for the many and varied times that you have assisted me in getting out of tricky situations. Your assisance is always appreciated.

Kind Regards
Kim Chapman
Reckon Accredited Consultant/Trainer
Photo of Emma Allford

Emma Allford

I don't have a book keeper.  I do it all myself.  As for a trainer, I self taught myself several years ago. Would be nice of tech support to tell you they aren't actually trained for these queries instead of stringing you along with the wrong information!
Photo of Jess Laxton

Jess Laxton

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I was going to post the same thing, then saw this thread. Unlike Emma, I called up Support specifically for technical queries as I am a potentially new customer and wanted to get help with using the trial software. Each time I was connected with a support officer who I could hardly understand due to their thick accents, and who kept going 'Umm' and 'I'm not quite sure' to every question I had. I spent 6 hours adding names to my contact list the other day intending on joining, but am not sure I want to proceed now based on the useless technical support I have experienced. Totally with you Emma! 
(Edited)
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 22,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Agreed Jess! Your question was a pure technical question and something very 101 to Reckon One, support should have known this. 

As you're trialing, I guess all I can say is to trial them all, so you can compare all the major players in this space (Reckon, Quickbooks Online (QBO), MYOB and Xero).

Hopefully you can export out your contact list, so it wasn't a wasted 6 hours!
Photo of Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions

Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions, Accredited Partner

• 4,958 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

Hi Jess,

Sorry have been a bit busy with paid work. 

Bank feeds can not be set up on a trial due to the confidential nature of 'Bank Feeds', would you really want a company you don't end up using to have access to your bank accounts - regardless of who they are. 

Perhaps you could import a bank export file csv into Reckon One.  After the initial impor it works in exactly the same way, and very well I must add.  :-)

You can export the Customer and supplier Lists to csv via the Reports Centre > Lists.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Kim Chapman

Reckon Accredited Consultant/Trainer/Reckon One Certified.

www.chapmanofficeservices.com

Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 22,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Psst Kim.... I think you replied to the wrong thread, this one isn't about Reckon one or bank feeds.