termination pay and annual leave

Jodie Porter
Jodie Porter Member Posts: 31
edited May 2020 in Reckon One
I have completed a termination pay for a staff member who has resigned. Her annual leave was calculated and added to her pay run as termination annual leave + leave loading. However at the bottom of the final pay slip it had that she had 2.08 hours of leave owing. I have calculated and I think she was owed an extra 1.37 hours of leave compared to what her termination payment calculated. It somehow makes her go to -.92 hours of leave available but then she accrued 2.3 hours for the part of this month she worked. What have I done wrong/how do I rectify to make her have no leave owing. Hopefully this makes sense. I use Reckon One and have payroll

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    I had a similar thing, it may have something to do with the leave calculated on the final pay. I think I just terminated her and then printed the payslip and from memory it didn’t show the last couple of hours then on the payslip
  • Jodie Porter
    edited December 2019
    Unfortunately mine says at the bottom leave owing! Seems a bit silly that it's a termination pay that they're then left with leave owing! Feel I must be doing something wrong
  • Jodie Porter
    edited December 2019
    Plus the amount of 'leave owing' is actually more than the difference of what I have calculated manually that her leave is incorrect!!! 

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    Are you able to manually change it in the employee details to a zero and reprint?
  • Jodie Porter
    edited December 2019
    I don't seem to be able to work out how to do that

• Kris_Williams
    edited May 2020
    Go to Payroll tab, employees, click on the employee, then on the leave tab. There is an x at the end of the annual leave line which should show the amount of leave you are referring to. You could delete it and see what happens. Take a screenshot of the window in case you have to put it back. Or you could wait for further advice from technical support. Sorry I can’t be any more specific, still learning too
  • Jodie Porter
    edited December 2019
    Thanks Kris. Your answers have helped greatly. I ended up manually calculating her leave which then gave a leave amount of 0 so worked out but not sure of what I should do in the future to make it work out correctly automatically.
    Thanks again for your help.
  • Kris_Williams
    edited May 2020
    My thoughts on that would be to edit the employee before the last pay is processed to NOT accrue leave on final pay, work it out manually and change the leave accrued figure so that when you pay out their leave it results in a zero balance. Seems a bit convoluted I know but it’s all I’ve got...
    OR pay the last week’s pay so that leave accrues then terminate as a second pay run so that only the o/s leave is paid
  • Hawk
    Hawk Member Posts: 65
    edited December 2019
    Just check and uncheck the box “Don’t not accrual leave for this pay” under Show Leave Summary in the payrun. It should recalculate and add in the last pay’s leave accrual.
  • Jodie Porter
    edited December 2019
    Thanks guys. That's really helpful. Much appreciated.