Terrie

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered

Hi ,

Currently we are using Accounts Premier: Manufacturing and Wholesale Edition 2015

I have a question regarding Super Threshold

In the Payroll Item List regarding Super. You get to Monthly Minimum Threshold enter $450.00

However when the gross pay in the first payrun for the month is below $450.00 super is not calculated and the second payrun  for the month is above $450.00 the system only calculates the super for that payrun and not for the total gross amount for the month which is above $450.00. Only super for the second pay is processed to the GL accounts.

Could someone tell me why this is happening

Regards

Photo of Terrie

Terrie

• 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Kathy

Kathy

• 302 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Terrie,

I have found that the date you enter for the payroll to be paid if at the end or at the start of the month,  can push the super Monthly Minimum Threshold into the next or previous month.  Not sure if you can do this, but change the date so that it fits in with the payment run for that month and the Super will then add to the previous payrun, or it could be the other way where the first payrun was paid in the crossover for that month.  Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Kathy
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,550 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Terrie,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Sounds like you have a corruption with that super payroll item.

Do some tests, but before you do make a new backup so you can come back to this point.

Create an employee and run two pays so that only the second pay takes MTD total above 450.00.  Did super calculate properly?

Create a new super payroll item and repeat the exercise - did it calculate correctly?

You should do some maintenance on your file and Re-sort all lists and then Rebuild the file and Verify it.  Follow up on any errors and repeat Rebuild & Verify until no errors located.  A guide to rebuilding is available on this post.

Hope this helps,

regards,
John