The Discrepancy Report doesn't work

Diana Herbert
Diana Herbert Member Posts: 15
Every time I try to create a Discrepancy Report as there has been a change made since I last reconciled.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2020
    Hi Diana,
    What is happening specifically when you try to create this report? 

Are you encountering an error message? If so, what is it? 
    If not, can you describe the process you're going through and what occurs in your Reckon software.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Diana Herbert
    edited July 2020
    I select Reconciliation Discrepancy Report and it shows its building the report but on every occasion which has been 5 times it builds for over 3 minutes then just stops and I have to cancel - how long should I wait and what else can I do.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2019
    Can I confirm, are you using Reckon Accounts Hosted or a desktop edition of Reckon Accounts? (Both have been selected in this thread)

If you're using Reckon Accounts Hosted, its possible that the report is being generated but has opened up behind a foreground window. You can use Ctrl + Page Up to bring background window(s) to the foreground.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Diana Herbert
    edited January 2019
    Hi Rav , yes I am using Reckon Accounts Hosted so I will try this - unfortunately I tried that and it didn't work.  It took me to "sorry we have logged you out due to inactivity " I tried it again and this time it took me to the Login screen - I don't think it is responding when it shows it is building the report.
    I don't have this problem with any other report
    Is there another way I can find out why the opening bank balance has changed since last time I reconciled - which transaction was done to change it

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Diana.  If you have printed off, or retained a PDF of the last report, you could run the report again and compare the two to see where the difference/s is/are,
    If you are experiencing this many problems with previously reconciled transactions being changed, you should seriously consider setting the closing date, to the last date of the reconciled statement.  By doing this, nobody can make changes to any transactions prior to that date, unless they have the password to do so.
    John L G 
  • Diana Herbert
    edited January 2019
    Thanks John that sounds like a good idea how do I change that closing date?Unfortunately I didn't print off the report from when I did reconciliation at end of Nov

• Diana Herbert
    edited January 2019
    I have made those changes but I am still cannot run the Discrepancy Report - It says it is building the report but the little box int the background says it is not responding and I have to close eveyrthing down to get rid of it.
  • Diana Herbert
    edited January 2019
    Hi Rav I am still having this problem - are you saying it can't be fixed and I will have to do somehting else to fix

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Diana.  One other option that you have would be to undo the last reconciliation and re-do it.  This would work, providing that the "post reconciliation" change that has been made, happened within that last reconciliation period.  
    John L G
  • Diana Herbert
    edited January 2019
    Yes I thought of that and I will try that but I think it was a transaction from July that someone has deleted just recently so not sure if i'll be able to see what it is.  Thank you for your help - it would be great if I could get that report to work as that would give me the details.
  • Helene Vella
    Helene Vella Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2020
    The same thing is happening to me... Rav, rather than give other options, it would be helpful if we could just load the Discrepancy Report successfully.