The feature of “Manual Upload of Bank statement” in Reckon is useful and a time saver

Callum
Callum Member Posts: 1
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I did not knew that manual upload of Bank Statement in Reckon is actually possible until my book-keeper advised me to try it. I first opened my “Bank website”, downloaded my Bank Statement onto my local PC in a “QIF file” format (not PDF file document that I was doing earlier) and uploaded the QIF file (.QIF) into Reckon Enterprise and guess what my bank transactions began showing up in reckon. In “manual upload method” firstly there is no time limit attached as to when you want to reconcile after you have uploaded “QIF file” Bank Statement in reckon, as compared to “Direct Bank Data Feed” in which you must reconcile all imported transactions then and there, else you end up losing all your un-reconciled transactions (if you exit from reckon for some reason without reconciling all of them). This feature worked well with my Reckon Hosted too. This feature gave me the ease of working at my own pace saving me loads of time.

Comments

• Lee_8688889
    Lee_8688889 Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I wonder if this works also for Reckon Hosted?
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2017
    Hi Callum,

Welcome to the Reckon Community  

I'm glad you have found one of the many useful and time-saving feature in Reckon Accounts.

regards,
    John

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2020
    Hi Lee,

Yes, you can use Import Bank Statements on Hosted.  After you download the QIF file from your bank to your local PC, use the Hosted floating toolbar to upload the QIF file to your Q drive.

regards,
    John

• Lee_8688889
    Lee_8688889 Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Thanks John :)
  • Sheryl Nathan Mitchell
    Sheryl Nathan Mitchell Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2020
    I appreciate this thread as I have been using RAH for 7 months. I would like to use this feature and so far this thread has been very encouraging. Is it really so simple? I have watched the video which is 7 years old to upload Bank statements. Can anyone recommend Ny other specific tutorials?
  • Sheryl Nathan Mitchell
    Sheryl Nathan Mitchell Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2020
    Thanks Kevin. I dont have a sample file. Reckon Support say it is because we use the cloud version. I could create a test company.