''the program can't start because ace.dll is missing from your computer ''

Options
MasterMade Furniture
MasterMade Furniture Member Posts: 3
edited July 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
''the program can't start because ace.dll is missing from your computer '' came up when I tried to open my reckon premier 2016 today. How can I fix this issue and keep the company files alive. So scare that all the files will disappear if I re-install the problem. Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi there,

Unfortunately, a re-installation is most likely the easiest way of restoring the missing DLL.
    Have there been any changes to your system or anti-virus since the last time you were able launch the program successfully?

The data file is seperate to the program files so you won't lose your company file when performing a re-installation. As always however, it's very important to make backups.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• MasterMade Furniture
    MasterMade Furniture Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi Ray, Thanks for the quick answer. I did not change the system or anti-virus since last time I used the program. Can you please let me know how to re-installed?

Thanks again. 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi MasterMade,

Check out our KB here on how to perform a clean uninstall & reinstall, make sure to save at least a couple of copies of your data file and store them in a seperate location -

Performing a clean un-install and re-install of Reckon Accounts Business

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.