The program won't recognise my printer and I still can't email payslips!!

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I only have the option to use Reckon Printer??? And I still can't email pay slips.  Please help urgently!!!!
Photo of Karen Mendoza

Karen Mendoza

• 566 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Charles van Rotterdam

Charles van Rotterdam

• 9,638 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Karen, it only recognises the PDF printer. When you print to that PDF printer it will then save it to your download folder, from there you can do as you please.

Emailing payslips is still fine for me, so long of course that you have an email address in the employee file

Photo of Karen Mendoza

Karen Mendoza

Thanks Charles.  I've been having problems with emailing payslips for the last 3 pay runs where nothing has changed with email addresses etc.  It just stopped working.  Very frustrating when it looks like I will have to print each payslip and email manually.

Charles van Rotterdam

OK, I'm running Firefox and not having any problems. Reckon is saying that the best is Chrome then Safari then Firefox and the Internet Explorer in that order. Otherwise you can give me a call on 0266834083, might not be able to help but at least you will have a sympathetic ear :-)
Photo of Karen Mendoza

Karen Mendoza

Thanks Charles.  I'll try the other browsers again.  I have tried them all when first trying to login, but using Firefox at the moment.  I'll let you know how I go.
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,510 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Karen,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties.  

As Charles said, printing is now to the Reckon Printer.  A PDF document is generated and from there you have access to all your printers.  

Emailing works in exactly the same way as in the original version.  Are you getting any error messages when you try to email your payslips?

For your reference, there are a couple of video guides on printing and emailing at:
https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/printing_in_the_new_reckon_accounts_hosted
and
https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/how_to_email_from_the_new_reckon_accounts_hosted

regards,
John
(Edited)

Charles van Rotterdam

Hi John, as you saw from my reply to Karen, my printing is wanting to save as PDF to my download folder and not opening in a new browser tab. While there is no great issue yet, it's quicker in the browser tab, how do I get it back there and not have this extra 2 steps
Photo of Karen Mendoza

Karen Mendoza

Hi John, I have had trouble emailing pay slips for the last 3 pay run (so for 6 weeks now). For some reason it just stopped working.  No error message, just nothing comes up in the forms to send window after selecting payslips to send.  All email addresses and other details are correct.

Charles van Rotterdam

Karen, I'm probably stating the obvious and I'll get slapped down but have you checked the dates and the account where it's coming from ie which bank account or online account

Photo of Karen Mendoza

Karen Mendoza

Yes, yes, yes, all that is fine. After 6 weeks of trying to get these emailed, that info is obvious to me to be checked. The pay slips all come up and are selected but it's the next screen where nothing shows "forms selected to email"
Photo of Denise Herbst

Denise Herbst

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same here..Karen.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.