This does not appear to be the computer the software was originally installed on

Mike_BB
Mike_BB Member Posts: 2
I purchased Reckon Personal Plus 2016 last week and have used it once. I am now told that "This does not appear to be the computer the software was originally installed on". I tried ringing 1800 RECKON and it appears I will be charged almost $5 per minute to resolve the issue. Have I interpreted this correctly?  I have read some previous post on this matter but not sure I can resolve without some additional assistance. 

Comments

• David Clayton
    David Clayton Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2016
    Have had same problem.  Just go ahead and validate the installation via the internet and PP2016 works fine.
  • Mike_BB
    Mike_BB Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2015

Not sure how to validate the installation.  I bought and downloaded it online.

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Just choose the option to register it again, and it will either do it online ok, or you can place a free call to the registration's phone number 9-5 M-F (not the support number) and it will register properly.  This is a well known issue with the product, in that it requires two goes.

Gary
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Mike,
    Just wanted to check in and see how you're going with this?

After acknowledging the error message a dialog box will appear which will give you options to register. As mentioned above, the option to register via internet should sort this and you'll be back in the program.

Registering via phone with our Customer Service team is free and is separate from technical support.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Frank Dennis
    Frank Dennis Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2017
    Hi mike Re Reckon tech support -the charge is almost $5 - I found myself in similar position uncertain whether community forum could resolve my issue at least not promptly so rang and presumably paid that charge- Tech support were able to resolve the issue very quickly in 3 to 4 minutes so I was satisfied with the outcome.
  • Michael_7495400
    Michael_7495400 Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2017
    It's frankly, pathetic. I have also had this well known problem occur to me. It just goes to show how little Reckon care about their product, and their customers. Don't get ripped off by technical, ring the registration line and they will help you.
  • gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Michael

I'd like to help clarify some support options for you.  Yes, there is a premium support with a cost, but that is for people who urgently require help that is outside of the normal business hours.   However, many a problem can be solved 24/7 by referring to the Community, which you've found here. There are solutions, and contacts, and of course the opportunity to advice, share or highlight matters as well.

But for business hours calls,  there are support services available within your contracted fee costs.   Not only that, but there are 330+ accredited partners that you can commercially call upon at their promoted times as well.

We've compiled a summary of the lot, including the special numbers of rthose with special products like Enterprise and HOSTED.

And there are registration numbers that can also be called free of charge during business hours.   

I commend Reckon for having such a range of choices.

Check out:

http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-support/

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799
    e:  gaz@alchester.com.au 
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac...
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
         independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant"

• gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Just a clarification for future readers of this particular article.....   the emergency support line for after hours help, which is a charged service,  is only one of the many support call numbers/services to consider.  But for registration, and business hours support for eligible products,  there are other choices - all free.....

We've summarised the lot at:  http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-support/
    and outlined the topic in more detail in a response submitted some days ago, farther below.

Gary