time out

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

These system now times out very quickly, this has changed in the last few days. It previously was 2 hours or more.

How can this be extended, this is now very frustrating
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 610 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 80,506 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi all,
Investigation is still ongoing into this at the moment. The Hosted team has advised me that there have been no recent changes or deployments that would lead to this starting to occur in the last couple of weeks based on your reports.

Thank you to those who have sent through specific info (listed HERE) via email already, its forming the basis of analysis. While it does not appear to be affecting ALL Hosted users, there are still a fair few of you here on this thread reporting consistency in timeouts in a short time duration. We'd be grateful for any further specific examples so if you're willing, please check out my post for details on what and how to send this through.

Thank you for your patience everyone, I appreciate that its a rather frustrating occurrence and not ideal to workflow. The team are working on it and I'll keep you updated as soon as I have further info.
Photo of Roslyn

Roslyn

• 1,364 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav, I hope this issue can be sorted sooner rather than later.  I agree with all the comments that is it extremely frustrating and annoying.  It is also not very efficient or professional.  I also operate MYOB online and it NEVER times out so I don't understand why Reckon has to time out at all?  I am in and out of the program all day and I am wasting a lot of time having to re-login every time I wish to use the program even if it is only 10 mins or so since I have been on it ...
On another issue, I am also wasting a lot of time with the delayed printing.  This is another problem that MYOB do not have.  Perhaps this could be looked into also.  Thanks for your assistance
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 610 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Can this please get raised to urgent for the hosted team, happened twice already this morning
Photo of Jenni

Jenni

• 1,058 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Absolutely agree Peter! I hope there will be some form of compensation for all this frustration! I was actually on the Reckon Page, I hadn't been active on it for about 10mins and it timed out while the page was open. I saw this flash out the corner of my eye and it was the page timing out.
Photo of Moana

Moana

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree it is getting beyond a joke here 

Photo of Kristy Love

Kristy Love

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Keep us posted on a resolution please. It's beyond annoying.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Kristy are you able to send me the info listed in this post if you experience a timeout in under an hour this afternoon.
Photo of Kristy Love

Kristy Love

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Sorry just checked back in. It's still doing it. I will send it through Monday.
Photo of Rada

Rada

• 178 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Thank goodness its not just me but a few people having this issue. Getting really annoying really fast....

Photo of Jenni

Jenni

When the GM comes back from his business trip, I'm going to ask him to consider changing from Reckon. Surely it can't take nearly 2 weeks to even try and diagnose the issue, let alone fix it! It's past annoying, past frustrating it's now maddening!!!! 
Photo of Rada

Rada

My accountant has been begging me to leave Reckon for years and after being with this accounting program for 20 years it looks like Reckon delays in fixing issues will force me to move :-(

Just Valves have been effected too. We have 1 user that goes in via Chrome (even though I have asked them not to) and 3 other users through Internet Explorer. We have all been getting the time out issue. we are all connected via NBN. Solutions are required
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Gareth can you please send me the info listed in this post.
Photo of John McGrath

John McGrath

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav, Your server engineers should be able to see a massive rise in people logging on from the same IP address multiple time per day.

This is a very frustrating issue and is impacting our customer service. Please resolve it.
Photo of Jenni

Jenni

Rav, this is beyond a joke, what kind of people are working behind the scenes to fix this, clearly they don't know what on earth they are doing? Surely with so many people having the same issue they can at least find out what's causing this. My screen timed out today and now I can't log back in because it says that I'm already logged in. I've closed the browser, cleared the cache etc and still wouldn't log me in. Shut the computer down, still can't log in. I can feel a claim for compensation coming on..... Get the damn thing fixed. We've put up with this long enough!
Photo of Gemma White

Gemma White

• 468 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Jenni, this also happened to me this morning and my co worker. At least we eventually were able to log back in. Then i had someone i could not understand call me and ask me if i was still having the problem and wanted me to do all the stuff i have been doing for the past 3 weeks.... 
Photo of Jenni

Jenni

Hi Gemma, looks like another issue is rearing it's head. It's actually getting worse, if that's possible. I don't think they think it's an urgent matter. 
Photo of VM

VM

• 416 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hey Jenni, have you gone to the control panel (from the front log in screen), then to system maintenance and logged your user number off through that?  I find that works when I get the "already logged in" message. 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Jenni, its not another issue, there's info on the message you're getting here -
The attempt to login with the username ‘Name’ failed. This user is already logged into the company

The cause of this issue remains unknown at this stage, and I appreciate that won't be welcome news. The reality is, its not affecting all Hosted users and pinpointing the cause isn't as straightforward as we all hoped it would be.

There were some changes applied late last week which the Hosted team anticipated would have a positive effect however it doesn't seem to be the case unfortunately.

Yes it is an urgent matter for us and we're not giving up on it. Investigative work is ongoing and I will update you with further developments as it comes to hand.

I apologise for the inconvenience this is causing at the moment, I know you've all been hanging in there throughout and thank you all for your patience.
(Edited)
Photo of Jenni

Jenni

Thanks VM, I had already done that as well. I turned my computer off and left it off while I went and made a calm the heck down coffee. When I restarted the computer I was able to log in.
Photo of Jenni

Jenni

Rav, I knew about that link. I did EVERYTHING on that feed and it didn't work, hence the reason I said it was a new issue. It didn't resolve until I had my computer off for about 15 minutes.
Photo of Jenni

Jenni

Oh WOW, now to add insult to serious injury... 

This site can’t be reached

hosted-connectv82.reckon.com unexpectedly closed the connection.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED
Photo of Debbie

Debbie

• 434 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The same just happened to me. I have just lost connection
Photo of Vanessa

Vanessa

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Me Too
Photo of Gemma White

Gemma White

Me three
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

• 2,792 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
yep me too....completely disrupting the business. I am a long time Reckon user, but this is testing my loyalty
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

now getting an error message - hosted.reckon.com says 
undefined
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

can't log off previous sessions
Photo of Jenni

Jenni

Yes just got the same, not sure how many more coffee walks I can take today, this is really s@#$%ing me off. 
Photo of Jenni

Jenni

Yes just got the same, not sure how many more coffee walks I can take today, this is really s@#$%ing me off. 
Photo of Rada

Rada

OMG this is slowly killing me!! Says l am already logged in but cant log out of previous sessions....

Photo of Wendy

Wendy

• 648 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Yep, me too, message different to the usual one, and had been logged on for less than 30 minutes. 
Photo of Rada

Rada

If anyone is trying to fix this, mine says the following about not being able to log off user -
Message from webpage -
Sys.WebFormsPageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occured while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 504
Photo of Wendy

Wendy

• 680 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Me too, I keep getting an error message when trying to log out through the control panel
Photo of Rada

Rada

I'm up and running...for now
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

Have just been timed out again, under 1/2 hour being idle. Just had a customer querying something, so was very embarrassing, not being able to get in........we need this sorted now!!!!!!
Photo of Linda Putland

Linda Putland, Accredited Partner

• 13,092 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Pleased to report that I have just been out to lunch for a couple of hours, and returned to my desk and my Reckon Hosted datafile is open happily where I left it!  Yeh!  :)
Photo of Wendy

Wendy

• 648 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Over the last three days, I have not experienced any time outs at all. Combined with the fact that no-one appears to have been reporting time outs either, I hope this means the problem has been fixed? Was something changed? 

Photo of Gemma White

Gemma White

I agree Wendy. It is back to normal now. Be interesting to know what the issue was??
Photo of Donna Pinnell

Donna Pinnell

• 658 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I would have to agree. I have had no time outs for the last three days. A response from Reckon about the suspected cause/fix would be nice.
Photo of Roslyn

Roslyn

I've also stopped timing out.  So glad they finally fixed it :)
(Edited)
Photo of John McGrath

John McGrath

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Time out issue seems to have been fixed. Thank you Reckon Hosted Team! :o)
Photo of Roslyn

Roslyn

Yes thank you to the team for finally getting it fixed.  So much happier!!
Photo of Jenni

Jenni

Yes it does appear to be resolved. A quick note from the Reckon team would have been nice too..

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.