Tip 3 How to upload and download files
1. There is now a different process to access files on your local drive. Use the Download and Upload functions located on the top right corner to move files between your local machine and your Hosted session.
2. When you click Upload to upload a file, it is saved to your Q:\Upload folder, which holds all your working files, e.g. QBW, XLS, DOC, ABA. When you upload a backup and/or portable files, it is saved to your B: drive, which holds all your QBB and QBM files.
3.To Download, click on the down arrow icon and select the file. The file will be saved to your Browser Download folder on your local machine, you can then copy and move the file to your preferred folder.
4. To copy and paste, copy your desired text from your local machine, then click the Clipboard icon in your Hosted session and paste the text in the window. You can now use the text on the remote clipboard and paste the information. For those using Internet Explorer, you can use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.
5. Backing-up your files is the user's responsibility. Please make sure you back-up as often as you feel is needed. Remember the B: drive is designed for back-up files only. If you save to Q: drive your backup files will be erased when you close your session, and vice-versa. Watch the video to learn more.
6. If you lose your data, we can retrieve your files from our System Backup at a cost. Files that are less than 7 days old will be charged $150 per file and files that are more than 7 days old, $300 per file. We do not keep files past 30 days.