Tip 3 How to upload and download files

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
  • (Edited)

Tip 3 How to upload and download files

1. There is now a different process to access files on your local drive. Use the Download and Upload functions located on the top right corner to move files between your local machine and your Hosted session.

2. When you click Upload to upload a file, it is saved to your Q:\Upload folder, which holds all your working files, e.g. QBW, XLS, DOC, ABA. When you upload a backup and/or portable files, it is saved to your B: drive, which holds all your QBB and QBM files.

3.To Download, click on the down arrow icon and select the file. The file will be saved to your Browser Download folder on your local machine, you can then copy and move the file to your preferred folder.

4. To copy and paste, copy your desired text from your local machine, then click the Clipboard icon in your Hosted session and paste the text in the window. You can now use the text on the remote clipboard and paste the information. For those using Internet Explorer, you can use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.

5. Backing-up your files is the user's responsibility.  Please make sure you back-up as often as you feel is needed. Remember the B: drive is designed for back-up files only. If you save to Q: drive your backup files will be erased when you close your session, and vice-versa.  Watch the video to learn more.

6. If you lose your data, we can retrieve your files from our System Backup at a cost. Files that are less than 7 days old will be charged $150 per file and files that are more than 7 days old, $300 per file. We do not keep files past 30 days.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Sonia

Sonia

• 60 Points
What happens if I can't see the blue function (download / upload) buttons.  I just have a blue keyboard button - but I don't know what this does.
Photo of Neil

Neil

• 70 Points
Same with me. No upload button only the keyboard. When I try and drag files to the 'Q:" I get a "Uploading files remote session is disabled" box.
Photo of Neil

Neil

• 70 Points
Ok well was on hold with support for a while with only to be told they had no idea what was happening and that they would transfer me to technical support. After on hold for half an hour I hung up (just lost patience being on hold with support for 20 mins and on hold for another 30mins for technical support). I just tried another browser (Chrome).  It took a while to login and open up the reckon software; but in the end the upload, clipboard and download buttons were present. I was using explorer 11 before but looks like chrome did the trick. Thanks for the help reckon (sarcasm implied)