Tip 5 How to print and export

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
Tip 5 How to print and export

1. We have changed the printing process in Reckon Accounts Hosted by using the extended capabilities of HTML 5 in modern web browsers. All print jobs will now print to the single Reckon Printer as a PDF. This allows you the flexibility to save, email or just print the output as you feel is relevant.

2. When you receive the message to confirm that your PDF was created, click the View button to display the print output as a PDF. You can then send it to a local printer or cloud printer, save it or email it. These options are located on the bottom right of the displayed PDF.

3. You have the option to save your report as a PDF to your Q: drive (File > Save as PDF) or export it as an Excel file. You will then be able to move the file to your local machine using the Download function.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Rick Setterfield

Rick Setterfield

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mirko, thanks for the tip but on behalf of all the Reckon Accounts users out there I would like to know whether actual business owners and operators actually test the capabilities of your system prior to releasing any upgrades especially this one!! Having to select print, then hit the print button, then select view, then select print option and then just for laughs select the PRINT button yet AGAIN seems to be a complete waste of time, I have better things to do with my time. Just saying!!!@
Photo of Melissa Meeds

Melissa Meeds

• 628 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi, I have downloaded an excel file and saved to the Q drive, but now how do i access it??
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Mel, thanks for the post. Once you to open the file, you would need to download the file to your machine and open it with Excel from there. ^Mirko
Photo of Gavin

Gavin

• 770 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

One of the greatest assets Reckon had was to be able to export to Excel with just a few clicks, now it takes relatively  a huge amount of time to get a report in to excel.  With reports you have to click 5 times to print one report, and then another click to get it off your browser.  If you want to print multiple reports to the printer to have to separately print each one from your browser.   This is just such a waste of time.

Photo of Melissa Meeds

Melissa Meeds

• 628 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I totally agree, it was a simple method now I have to save each export even though most of the time it is just to quickly tally something up and I don't need to save ie: fuel credits.  It was much better before.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hi Melissa and Gavin, access to Microsoft Office suite was removed from Hosted due to Microsoft license conditions. This was a change that was regrettably necessary to remain compliant with Microsoft licensing terms. I understand you frustration and will escalate your concerns to the relevant Product Management team. Thank you for your feedback. ^Mirko
Photo of Gavin

Gavin

Why doesn't reckon then talk to an open source company like "OpenOffice" or something similar.  If it at least it opened in this like it did with Excel it would be simpler to cut and past into your desk top Excel. This would be far quicker than the rigmarole we have to go through now.  What do others think? 
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Gavin, happy pass that feedback on to our Product management team. Unfortunately OpenOffice itself has ceased operation in 2011 (I used to use it on my Mac at Uni, so am very familiar with it, big fan actually. These days I use Google Docs - great little tool). I'll pass on your feedback to our Product Managers to investigate, although, I'm not sure how 'free' 'open-source' platforms are with partnering with commercial entities? Again, thanks for the great suggestion, I'll pass it along now.
(Edited)
Photo of Gavin

Gavin

Hey Mirko.  Just a quick note to say I realise it must be quite tough getting all this negative feedback from Reckon users. As a professional partner I have been a huge advocate of QuickBooks/Reckon for almost a decade.  I really hope Reckon can do something very soon to restore the confidence of users.    

In saying this... I (and many others I'm sure) certainly appreciate that you are doing your best to pass our comments on to the "powers at be" at Reckon.  I am most grateful for this. All the best.  :)  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.