More tips for logging onto the new Hosted

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi Everyone,

Reports of Customer Experience with logging onto Hosted has vastly improved today, but you may still experience some delays in getting logged on.  

How much delay depends upon your internet connection speed and browser.  Results are better with Chrome & Safari, than Firefox then Internet Explorer.  

First time connection for the new Hosted will take longer as a new client is being downloaded in the background.

Here's what to expect.
  • Logging onto the Hosted Dashboard is not experiencing any problems.
  • Launch Accounts 2014
  • You'll get a White Screen for a while
  • Then you'll get a Black Screen for a while (can be up to 5 minutes)
  • Then you'll get the connecting message 
  • Accounts 2014 will launch.

The times between each step will vary and you run the risk of 'timing out', or you may get a failure to connect message.  If that happens then do the following:
  • Close the screen and return to the Hosted Dashboard
  • Click on Control Panel
  • Click on Log Off Remote Sessions
  • Click on Log Off User
  • Return to the Dashboard and launch Accounts 2014 again.  

Regards,
Reckon
Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,138 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jason Caruana

Jason Caruana

• 2,618 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hey tried this many times now , now working ,  is it true that you have lost customers data including backups ? 
Photo of Jason Caruana

Jason Caruana

• 2,618 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
sorry not now working , not working  , had some one else try with me login in details , but does not work on there end as well 
Photo of Aaron Griffiths

Aaron Griffiths

• 106 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Vastly improved - but when benchmarked against anything else, still useless.

Poor old PR department will be working around the clock coming up with these phrases!
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

• 2,252 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Ok, my experience is good so far today.  Logged in around 6.30am...no issues.  But...that was also the case yesterday then it all went to crap in the afternoon until about 8pm.  I will reserve judgement until I have at least 3 days of uninterupted accounts.
Photo of Seriously WTF

Seriously WTF

• 1,032 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Awesome, now we can login.
So can Reckon move on to functionality and usability.
There should be many sections in your analysis reports that were compiled from your multiple testing sessions before you went live with this well planned upgrade.
Photo of Incompetent_Reckon

Incompetent_Reckon

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Accounts 2014 will launch.
No it wont!
Photo of Steve

Steve

• 914 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
LOGGING IN IS NOT A PROBLEM THE PROBLEM IS STAYING LOGGED IN
Photo of MR JJ

MR JJ

• 216 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
cant login hear
Photo of David HD

David HD

• 198 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I logged on at around 8 am. I have been trying to log on again from 10.30 - nothing but a white screen! I have followed all instructions on the Tips for logging onto Hosted today - and useless. 
The board had better notify the ASX that their product is a dud and stop trading. this is a disaster. Whoops now a black screen for 1 minute and counting - still nothing. 
(Edited)
Photo of David HD

David HD

https://hosted.reckon.com.au/webconnect/RA.2014.AU.R3.Production.02/accessnow/start.html
produces a white screen  and then a black screen and nothing
Photo of David HD

David HD

at precisely 11.01 I have access magically appear on my screen. Now how do i keep this window open forever and not have to log off?????
Photo of tony nicol

tony nicol

• 60 Points
my company name has changed so how do I change the file name of my company in reckon?.
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

Nathan Elcoate, Accredited Partner

• 7,290 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Tony, This can be changed from the Company drop down menu, then Company Information.
Photo of Liz Hogg

Liz Hogg

• 684 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Is this going to be the norm. I need to know as cannot use a system this dysfunctional. Please advise URGENTLY and will request a refund of my membership and look elsewhere for a system that WORKS
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

Not sure who you are referring to there Mr JJ but that's a pretty major accusation to make on a public forum.
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

I have been able to log on all day, my own file has been open since 5am. I have now got around 8 of my clients open, usernames reset, data paths reset and am working on more one by one. I have been able to login to at least 10 other data files today and take local backups. It is slow to login, but if you use Firefox it seems you will have best chance.
Photo of Malcolm Renneboogh

Malcolm Renneboogh

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This new system is a total heap of rubbish, if I could easily convert to another company I would but now I am stuck with this hosted crap unless I want to pay another 600 bucks a year to use desktop which then means I can not send my file to my accountant easily or use remote from home.  I rely in this working as I have customers needing invoices during the day.  I can not log on to do my payroll today either, Reckon should be ashamed of this stuff up, if the old system was not bad enough this is just a joke.  Add to this, try editing fields or prices, need to retype complete description fields.

Have had more down time than up time, I am over it
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

@Malcolm, you don't need to pay any more money. Reckon can provide you with an installation code for the Desktop Enterprise program, download your data file and open it locally until the online system speeds up and stabilizes.

The Cloud has many benefits though as you say.
Photo of Annette Benson

Annette Benson

• 66 Points

OK   I finally got in.  Keyed one invoice, "paid" one invoice and now I have the black screen again

Does that mean I'm locked or logged out or what

Photo of Ri Butler

Ri Butler

• 62 Points
thats all I'm getting. One trisection at at time then - "there is a problem" and shut down again. Using safari - anyone else with this?
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

Hi Ri, Try and rebuild your datafile under File - Utilities - Rebuild Data as that sounds like some data issue causing the close downs.
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

@Annette, did the system shut down on you? If you still have the login screen open in another tab, just hit Launch Accounts 2014 R3 again and it should open right up again.
Photo of Seriously WTF

Seriously WTF

Or leave it local, open up server access yourself and not have to rely on Reckon's pathetic bandwidth and infrastructure capabilities.

Malcolm Renneboogh

Decided to simply purchase desktop and scrap online, I can not run my business like this and need reliable system which will not log me out every 10 seconds.  I have lost a significant amount of business over the last few months as it is from instability, this new system was meant to be the bees knees, is the bees backside as far as I can tell.

Is not just stability but so many things have changed in general day to day use add to his you lose half a screen by using your browser as well
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

@Malcolm, you must have a lot of toolbars then!!

Did you know you can put your browser in full screen mode and have full screen Reckon again?

Malcolm Renneboogh

No, We have the standard address bar and then the shortcut bar and tabs bar

This is installed to make our lives easy and make my workplace more efficient.  Has it done this, certainly not.

When we do our morning freight we have 2 freight companies in browsers and then now Reckon, this is the issue, the guys are accidently closing browsers instead of tabs, can not edit fields on invoices properly as well as this clunky pringing rubbish as well. 

Either way this version is a heap, will be glad in a couple of hours once I have completed desktop set up and see the back of this unreliable heap
Photo of Seriously WTF

Seriously WTF

New reports suggest "Reports of Customer Experience with logging onto Hosted has vastly improved today" are false.
Photo of Andrew Hellier

Andrew Hellier, Employee

• 3,804 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
"Seriously WTF"

Can you please email your used ID and real name to community@reckon.com

We will be in touch.
Thanks
Andrew

Malcolm Renneboogh

They are definitely false, as is this whole hosted rubbish.  Faster, year I bet, I guess given that only 3 people in all of Australia can even log in it is faster for those 3.

Just finished installing Desktop Enterprise, will NOT be going back to Hosted, can put the last 2 years of time outs, blank screens, unable to log on screens etc behind me. 

Reckon needs to hang their heads low, the impact on my business has been huge with the instability of the Citrix version and now this web version.

And what really gripes me is now I am using my own hardware to run the software but it costs me an additional $500 per year.
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

Malcolm you shouldn't have to spend any money, Reckon provide Enterprise licence keys for troubled Hosted clients.... I would contact them about that.

Malcolm Renneboogh

Hosted has been trouble since I got it though, in order to get Enterprise and keep the desktop version I was told I have to pay the $$.  Last year I tried a trial of MYOB running alongside Hosted, it was responsive, fast and reliable BUT did not have some of the features I have come to get used to with Reckon. 

I have no issues with the actual software, I love it, just think is is poor that Reckon can not get their acts in to gear when it comes to this hosted package.  Now I will be stuck here at my shop to do my bookwork instead of being able to take it home in the evenings, hey is how I used to work so will have to get used to this again.
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

Have you considered Private Cloud hosting? We have a provider who can host your QuickBooks and your data, and provide it in the Cloud, but on your own private infrastructure... Or maybe install Teamviewer or something like that, so you can at least access your computer from home or your tablet.
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

And I hear you!
Photo of Krischan

Krischan

• 1,318 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I trust others are experiencing this issue too: logging in and processign a couple of invoices works. Then when you come back after a while of doing something else, it has logged you out. Then you spend ages trying to log baxck in, need to go to control panel ensure your user is logged off, log out of control panel and log back in from fresh - THIS IS NOT PRACTIBLE FOR ANYONE AS FAR AS I CAN TELL FROM RESPONSES HERE! Any one know how to stay logged in? Either IE11 or Safari. If some setting changes in either are necesary to stay logged in, can someone please let us know what settings require changing to stay logged in? 
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

Would it be a matter of your computer going to sleep and dropping the network connection at all? Mine has been logged in all day.. .I am using Chrome... the system is set to time out and return you to the login screen if it does time out though... as a security function.. however hopefully it will become as simple as just hitting the Login button again and taking you straight back in.
Photo of Krischan

Krischan

Hi Nathan, firstly thanks for replying. No this is while I am doing other computer work, and the computer remains in use. No inactivity on the computer, just in RECKON while other work is being done. Also have a stable internet connection and rarely experiencing problems with it or internet speed. Even if RECKON is not used for a period of time, it should not log you out as logging back in is always meaning downtime. If it is a security function in RECKON (But I didn't think it is because RECKON have not mentioned this anywhere), then the duration before log-out should be able to be set by the user.
(Edited)
Photo of Hanna

Hanna

• 118 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

We're still having issues with our user names and passwords not being recognised.

Have tried on Firefox 31.0 and IE11. Anyone else still having this issue or did I miss the fix for it?

Photo of Lisa Waywell

Lisa Waywell

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
When I log out of Reckon and close browser, when I go back in the company files are gone. I then have to go back into ‘Q’ drive to find the company files and re-open. this is very time consuming. We work with 4 different company files and continuously swap between during the day. Please advise if you are aware of this issue and if it will be fixed.
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

@hanna, you can still use your old username if the new one isn't working.. also have you tried to Reset Password incase it was mistyped or Caps Lock was on or something like that?
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

@Lisa, whilst I don't work for Reckon, I have seen this issue reported via the Partner bulletin boards and believe it is on the issues list to be rectified. Personally I haven't had the issue though, apart from the very first login, but then once all files are opened once it should remember the file paths.
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

@Krischan this was a function of the system even right through Beta, although I believe the timeout has been set to 2 hours on the production version. It might be worth starting a new thread for that issue as it shouldn't be doing that IMHO.
Photo of Krischan

Krischan

@Nathan,
thanks so much for your reply and knowledge. Honestly highly appreciated.
Photo of Brendon Gardiner

Brendon Gardiner, Accredited Partner

• 504 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

@Lisa, I like Nathan am an accredited partner with Reckon.   As accredited Partners we do not work for Reckon, but have been accredited to support their products.

Like you I have seen this issue occurring, that the companies are not be remembered in the previous company list and the only way to open them is to go through the Open or Restore Company function.

This has been reported to Tech Support and an I am sure they will get to look at this once they have covered the "Urgent" issues. 

Photo of Terry Nicolaou

Terry Nicolaou

• 70 Points
Also what about copying from one location and posting to Description in the section when creating new inventory part? You right click to paste and all are hidden? Please rectify.
Photo of Lisa Waywell

Lisa Waywell

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
It appears we can no longer copy and paste from Reckon to a spread sheet, which is what we need to do when we are arranging payments. We need to copy Expense account and description onto a spread sheet that we use as a summary of EFT payments. This will cause a significant amount of extra work and time
Photo of Hanna

Hanna

• 118 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
@Nathan, have tried all combinations of new user name, new password, old user name, old password and none are working. We have also reset the password to make sure there were no typos. Have just tried again but this time received the error "-6123, 0". This is the first time this error has popped up.
Photo of Krischan

Krischan

@Terry
there seems to be a new combersome way to copy and paste... explained in the video clip "Introductory look at uploading and downloading files"  http://info.reckon.com.au/newaccountshosted-videos

Not sure how useful this function is or how restrictive the new methos really is yet though...
Photo of Fran Dalglish

Fran Dalglish

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
In the last 3 days, I have been able to stay connected for a maximum time of 1 hour. This is in spite of the fact that I have tried IE 11, Chrome and Firefox, have followed every hint, tip, suggestion and direction. I have logged in, logged off, closed the browser, logged off the remote session, waited the allotted time, logged in again, and still nothing. I have messed around with compatibility, deleted all the old bookmarks, changed the pop-up settings, changed the trusted site settings and still nothing. Three days of total non-productivity with all I have to show for it is high blood pressure and a splitting headache.  Short of a Valium and a Panadol, I have no idea what to do next.
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

The system is actually set to time itself out @Fran, it's a built in function for security purposes.
Photo of Terry Nicolaou

Terry Nicolaou

• 70 Points
Also having issues with tabbing to next line, seems to be inconsistent?
Photo of Fran Dalglish

Fran Dalglish

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Nathan, No, Reckon was not inactive for 1 hour, I have only been able to WORK for one hour in the last 3 days. It had absolutely nothing to do with inactivity.
Photo of Krischan

Krischan

I certainly hope that these issues are not to do with timing out, because if they are then this issue, which surely must be easy to fix, is a reason alone to leave RECKON for another product. Timing out is contra-productive for the user. If it is a secrurity measure, then the user should be able to define how long before it times out and hence reduce security themselves if they chose to do so. I understand if this is a security measure originally set, but if it really is so, RECKON better allow their users to determine themselves how long before it times out, just like on just about every other program... I-phone etc...
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

A lot of internet programs, such as Xero and Online Banking, etc have security timeouts built in to them, what if you were at a web cafe and just got up and walked away leaving your system logged in? Surely it would be better that it eventually logged out rather than not?

But I do see where you are coming from in that if the option was user configurable then it gives the choice back to the user to define how comfortable they are, or are not, with security timeouts.

Good points.
Photo of Krischan

Krischan

Exactly my point. The internet cafe user, would be much better off having it time out after say an hour, and for our case, where we log in in the morning and need it running all day until we log off at the end of the day, and where no such security threat as in an internet cafe exist, we really don't need it to log us of for any security reasons. As I mentioned, it would be understandable if the default setting was say 2hrs, but then user defineable.
Photo of Kim Chapman

Kim Chapman, Accredited Partner

• 342 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Hi Nathan

Just commenting on Lisa Waywell's comment earlier.  I just exported a supplier list, so easily, while we can't open on line anymore, just export the excel file, save it, then download via the download icon, then open on your desktop.

Just for the reference, after downloading several files to desktop this morning using my clients free IKC provided by Reckon.  I have had great success since lunch time with Chrome.  Has been working perfectly and is fast.  I have got a solid 5-6 hours work done now.  Have been logging in and out frequently saving then downloading Empdupe files etc, without a problem.

Hopefully all of this is behind us now. Hope you guys can have as much success as I have this afternoon.

Photo of Caren Grove

Caren Grove

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I was not able to work at all yesterday or last evening due to the total inability to type in fields, no normal key functions working for data entry other than typing continually in a field but then not being able to edit or get to the next field. This is more than a couple of bugs that need ironing out when it brings you business to a halt!

The 2 hour time out also appears to be about 20 minutes from my pc or it is picking up idle time continually because you cannot process anything?

Photo of Kim Chapman

Hi Caren. I have had no success but have not bothered with Internet explore. Google chrome has been working for me today and most of yesterday. Hopefully that will get you going check your local settings on your PC to see if it is set to log off after 20 min. If you can disable that you might be able to solve your time out issues.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards
Kim Chapman
Photo of Caren Grove

Caren Grove

Thanks Kim, I tried Chrome last night but it was no different. Maybe I will try Safari next but I read a few posts yesterday and it seemed to be the same no matter what people were using. My pc timeout is set to never timeout so this is not the cause.
Photo of Andrew Hellier

Andrew Hellier, Employee

Hi Caren,

Are you still having issues logging in or access Reckon Hosted other than the security time out?
Cheers, Andrew
Photo of Caren Grove

Caren Grove

I have just successfully logged in through Chrome and all data keys were functional, hopefully there has been a permanent fix
Photo of Caren Grove

Caren Grove

Hi Andrew

Logging in was fine, slow but only had to do it once

Photo of Andrew Hellier

Andrew Hellier, Employee

Thanks Caren,

Please let me know if you experience any more difficulties.

Cheers,
Andrew
Photo of Tanya Swanspn

Tanya Swanspn

• 74 Points
Today is worse than yesterday, I haven't been able to log in at all, at least yesterday i had a few hours of productivity.  I can get through to the - Active on 'reckon accounts hosted for Australia' screen then it just sits and does nothing.  So i am worse off today!!
Photo of Craig bancroft

Craig bancroft

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have been on hold for 45mins now - Is this standard?

First time logging on to new service - I am getting User Name or password unknown  - I have not used the QBI in front of user name
Photo of Craig bancroft

Craig bancroft

On hold for 1 hour now
Photo of Craig bancroft

Craig bancroft

On hold 1hr10min very frustrating - I can't afford to have my phone jammed up for this length of time
Photo of Neil Urquhart

Neil Urquhart

• 60 Points
Some permanent fields in the Invoices are not printing
Photo of Kim Chapman

The browser of the day seems to be Chrome. I have not tried firefox, it may work also.

It may not login the first time, if it doesn't. Close the screen, settings>logout, close Browser, then start again. Please be patient, we have been told it can take up to 5 minutes to loggin. I have seen it take a while.

If you are getting a password error, try you old number less without the qbi ie. 123456-1 and your original password.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards
Kim Chapman

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.