TPAR 2016 on Reckon One - needs work

Jeremy Green
Jeremy Green Member Posts: 6
edited August 2019 in Reckon One
Support team - I just lodged my TPAR for 2016.  Not very impressed with the issues faced in Reckon One:

1.  Reckon One continually complained that I had not filled in all of the data needed in the General settings.  Even though all data indicated required had been filled in, I needed to put an entry everywhere.

2. I have an overseas physical address.  The ATO requires that the postcode by '9999'.  How about forcing that value as I had to work that our through ATO validation.

3.  The TPAR report incorrectly sets the dates to '1 September 2015 - 31 August 2016'.  All TPAR reports are for the year until 30 June xxxx.  So, the report should ALWAYS by 1st July xxxx1 - 30 June xxxx2.  I had to manually correct the submission date in the ATO file to make this work - it is not intuitive.

4.  The TPAR Supplier fails to detect incorrect supplier data.  In this case I had an Australian supplier without a State.  You need to force the State to be entered.

If you could please get these problems fixed that would be appreciated.

Regards,
Jeremy

Comments

• Jeremy Green
    edited August 2016
    My main annoyance was the dates being wrong for the report.  I had to go through and deselect all transactions for 1st July onwards.  
  • Jeremy Green
    edited February 2017
    Customer Services - these are very poor responses from you all.  Rather than justify the shortcomings , why not go ahead and lodge the issues with product development and have them resolved sometime before next June.
    Going forward you now know how to deal with this, thus your problem is solved.   Kind Regards Kim Chapman
    With respect Kim, but "no".  What you have written is absolute nonsense.  You can work around our product faults does not equal your problem is solved.  It means you don't really want to take responsibility and can close your ticket.  Thanks for that.
    Your concern has already been addressed on the community. We appreciate your valuable feedback and that has been forwarded to the product team and they are currently looking into it.  Ajinder Benipal
    Thanks Anjinder.  Let me address the first sentence of your reply only, which appears to be what you have done to my four-part response.  No you have not addressed it.

1. The TPAR report ends at the end of June every year, just fix the dropdown range.
    2. ATO report requirements.  Sure, I understand that not many people would know '9999' is needed for international post codes.  Now you know, put the logic in.

Honestly...
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Jeremy,

Please bear in mind that Kim Chapman is an Accredited Partner who volunteers her time and assistance on the Community and is not a Reckon staff member.

I posted a reply on your other thread here this morning in relation to your feedback which is currently with our Product Manager and I will update you on this as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jeremy Green
    edited August 2016
    Then I am being a bit harsh.  Apologies Kim.