TPAR issue - contractors on profit loss report do not match TPAR

Beth Zielinski
Beth Zielinski Member Posts: 16
edited July 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Hello,

In generating my TPAR, I have noticed it hasn't picked up two contractor payments. I can see that the difference is these payments were processed through the 'write cheque' field rather than 'enter/pay bills'
They have still gone to the same account (contractor: abcd locksmiths)
I am assuming there is a setting in generating the report that needs to be changed to include these payments?
Can someone please help?

Comments

• Sue Renouf
    Sue Renouf Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2019
    Hi Beth,

It maybe that when setting up the contractor, the "include in taxable payments report" wasn't ticked in their details.

Regards,

Sue Renouf
  • Sue Renouf
    edited July 2019
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/taxable-payments-reporting

Really well illustrated by Kay at KLM bookkeeping...
  • Beth Zielinski
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Sue. I should have mentioned, they do have those boxes ticked (and have showed on previous years TPAR)
    It is more that the report hasn't seemed to pick up the payments for these two contractors due to the way they were entered in Reckon (via 'write cheques' {as they were paid on a credit card reconciliation} rather then 'enter/pay bills')
  • Sue Renouf
    edited July 2019
    I don't have that problem Beth so I don't think that is it. What date is on the write cheques?
  • Beth Zielinski
    edited July 2018
    There are a few, 04/10/2017, 03/01/2018, 03/04/2018.
  • Sue Renouf
    edited July 2018
    Sorry to ask obvious questions that border on the insulting... and the name on the cheque is definitely the one of the subcontractor set up with the tick on the taxable payments. Just a thought because after that I've got no other suggestions.
    Sorry,
    Sue
  • Beth Zielinski
    edited July 2018

I appreciate your time and help- no question is insulting :-)
    The name on the cheque is NAB, as all the credit card transactions for the previous month are debited in one bulk transaction at the start of every month.

Then the amounts are all detailed into the individual transactions, with the contractor payments accounted to the same account as if paying one of their bills.
  • Sue Renouf
    edited July 2018
    So there is your problem perhaps? It can't pick up the name?

• Sue Renouf
    edited July 2018
    Or do you end up writing a cheque that has their name on it?
  • Beth Zielinski
    edited July 2018
    No, the cheque is made out to NAB and the amounts are accounted to the contractor: abcd locksmith account, exactly the same as they would in enter bills.
    You may be right as the only difference is the name made out to, between write cheque and enter bills. I'm just unsure how to rectify.
  • Sue Renouf
    edited July 2018
    Do you have a Clearing Account Bank Account? 
  • Beth Zielinski
    edited July 2018
    No
  • Sue Renouf
    edited July 2019
    Petty Cash bank account?

• Sue Renouf
    edited July 2019
    If not, you could try a journal entry. Using the same date as the original cheque,
    Cr Subcontractors account with GST or NCG code or NCF or FRE (depending what you use and whether they charge GST) and leave the name blank on that line
    Dr Subcontractors with GST or NCG code but on this line put the subcontractors name in the Name field.
    Try the TPAR again after you try the first one.
  • Beth Zielinski
    edited July 2018
    Unfortunately this has not worked :( thank you so much for all of your time and help though, Sue. I think I will have to ring Reckon.
  • Sue Renouf
    edited July 2018
    Good idea Beth. I just got to test out my journal entry theory on the sample company data file and it doesn't work! Sorry.
    Cheers,
    Sue
  • Beth Zielinski
    edited August 2018
    Thank you so much for all of your time and effort anyway, Sue.
    It is still unresolved at this stage. I spent over an hour on the phone with Reckon with no resolution.
    I will try again next week when I have more time and energy!
  • Sue Renouf
    edited August 2018
    Hi Beth, I am pretty sure the problem is the name. If you could set up a pretend bank account and call it Clearing Account. Go to the original entry and instead of the expense subcontractor, in the Account field,put in Clearing Account, no tax code and make sure the gross amount is transferred across. Go to the Clearing Account and use the write cheque form to write a pretend cheque to the subcontractor using their name and put it to the subcontractor expense account with the correct GST code. Then look at the TPAR. Sue
  • Kathryn_8729731
    Kathryn_8729731 Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2018
    Hi Beth

Rather than enter as a credit card charge - could you enter the bill then pay the bill via credit card.  That is how we do all of our contractor payments by credit  card and no issue with our TPAR reports.
  • Beth Zielinski
    edited August 2018
    Hi Kathryn,
    Thank you for your reply. Do you still enter your credit card reconciliation via 'write cheques'?
    There are maybe 70+ transactions that come under the one credit card payment, which is why they have been done in 'write cheques', with the bank name at the top (as they are who debit the entire amount for the month), with the list of individual transactions and accounts underneath.
  • Beth Zielinski
    edited August 2018
    This works, Sue! I can't thank you enough.
    Should I do this in future for all contractor payments paid via credit card?
  • Sue Renouf
    edited August 2018
    Well done following those instructions! Yes, you need the name of the supplier in the transaction so it seems to be the way to go.
    Glad it helped.
    Cheers, Sue