Tracking emails sent from Reckon Accounts Hosted 2019

Iris Zhang
Iris Zhang Member Posts: 2
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I'm emailing statements to our customers. I believe I've gone through the process on my newly upgraded Reckon Accounts Hosted 2019. But how do I check whether the emails have actually gone out? They are not in my email "sent" box. How to check? Can someone help please. Regards, Iris

Comments

• Catherine Healy
    Catherine Healy Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2019
    When I set up a customer/supplier, in the email section I put my email address in the BCC so I will always receive a copy of that email. I also in my email account, I put in the BCC section my email addresses for any emails not sent thru Reckon. Hope this helps.
  • Iris Zhang
    Iris Zhang Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    Thank you, Cathrine.  That could be a way to track sent emails.  But some customers/suppliers have more than one email addresses.  Reckon only allow maxim. 2 emails for a customer or supplier.  So there's not always place for me to put in my email address.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi Iris

piggy back your email address after theirs or one of theirs with a semicolon in between... i.e 

them@theiremail.com.au;you@youremail.com.au

Kevin is right you still don't know if they have received it, but at least you know reckon has sent it and you have a copy you can simply forward if they say they didn't get it .
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    We all know this Kevin, it is like bashing your head against a Brick wall, I personally am sick of taking panadol for a sore head, you adapt & move forward or change to a better product whose developers listen to their users.
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Hi Iris,

HOW TO: Find and view the log file showing email messages sent from Hosted

Note that this shows what the Hosted system indicates has been sent.

It does not make any determination or confirmation or guarantee that it was delivered or received or even read by the end user. Currently, that functionality is not present however it is highly sought after.

It cannot indicate whether the message was flagged as spam either by the mail server or by a user-generated email filter rule.

Regards,

Data Recovery Team