Transaction not in balance

Tania_10126273
Tania_10126273 Member Posts: 22
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Using Reckon hosted. Entering cheques / paying bills. After entering all the information transaction wont record. Message is Transaction not in balance. Make sure amounts in details match amounts at top of form. Yes they do. Checked it manually. GST is set up correctly. ATO is set up correctly. Tried deleting and re-entering. Supplier set up correctly. Any ideas?

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    What happens when you click the recalculate button at the bottom left of screen?  could it be that there is a line on one of the other tabs that you havent realised is there?
  • Tania_10126273
    edited July 2019

Throws it out even more.
  • Tania_10126273
    edited July 2019

On hold with help - 45 min wait!!!!
  • Tania_10126273
    edited July 2019

Bill is 6212.80 when I recalculate it takes it to 9526.92 and still wont record
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    does it happen with any supplier bill you try to enter - or just this supplier?
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Tania

A Screen shot would help if you can
  • Tania_10126273
    edited July 2019

Hi All. 45 mins on hold, 1 1/2 hours on with 'help desk' and fixed I hope. Massive problem in background with tax agency setup, etc. Which was done by another 'help desk' person a week ago. Reckon....Get it together on help desk please. Wasted hours today on this.
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited July 2020
    Is it possible that there is something entered in the Items tab, you won’t see it unless you click on that tab
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Good suggestion also.  In addition, sometimes I have found a "balancing" item, sitting way down below the main entries - in other words, you need to scroll down the page.  Sometimes when something like this has happened to me, I press enter at the end of the last line to move to what would be the next blank line, and sometimes this also brings up the "balancing" item or the amount still required to make the transaction be in balance.
    John L G
  • Barbara Day-Dresen
    Barbara Day-Dresen Member Posts: 7

I am also having this problem. if i enter through to the next line, it brings up a negative entry. When I try to delete the line, it makes it worse. It seems to be creating entries with the tax amount continually accumulating

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Is this transaction auto recalling any information? Is amounts include tax ticked? Is it only a particular supplier?