Transaction Rules - online banking

Options
Jay Garland
Jay Garland Member Posts: 130
edited February 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have set up TRANSACTION RULES and it's not working. My bank account has this entry:

My transaction rule looks for ASEA in the bank memo, but the only data that comes through on the memo is "7108798-.05/09/16" and the "ASEA, LLC" part does not come through.

Without the whole of the memo coming through, I can't use the TRANSACTION RULE for this. Any ideas?

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Jay,

Reckon Accounts has a limit on the number of characters that can come in to the payee field.  I think its about 32 characters.  Anything after the character limit doesn't come through.  Some banks but a lot of information in the payee field while others don't.  I've seen a Commonwealth Bank statement come through before and it was very short and fit in everything.  Then I've seen ANZ statement come through and they started the payee with ANZ INTERNET BANKING FUNDS TFER which pretty much takes up the entire payee field limit.  The accountant that was dealing with that ended up making a rule that any transactions with that in the payee field would be posted to a suspense expense account, and supplier, and they would manually change the supplier and expense account later to the correct ones.  All I can suggest is to change the rule so that i looks at the information that does come through in the payee field.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Jay Garland
    Jay Garland Member Posts: 130
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Getting the hang of it. A few more months and I should be a pro!