Transcations missing when I convert Quicken 2006 qdf to Reckon Personal Plus 2016

ecco
ecco Member Posts: 15
I am trialling Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2016. I previously used Quicken 2006 Personal Plus (NZ Version) and I'm running Windows 10. When I restored the qdf file I had from the 2006 version and it got converted into Reckon I could open the file but all the investment transactions and currency rate history and share prices have not come through so the net worth report is wrong. Can anyone advise me what has happened here?

Comments

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2017
    Hi Karin,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Quicken/Reckon Accounts Personal range use a number of ancillary files with your datafile (.QDF).  These files have the same name as your datafile but different file extensions:
    name.QPH for share price history
    name.HCX for exchange rate history
    name.HIM for home inventory
    name.IDX - index file

Then depending on what other functions you have used there may be others with extensions like .QEL .QIN .QSD and .QTX.

If you attached pictures of invoices they are stored in a separate folder in the same directory as your data file.  

All these files need to be copied over to your QDF directory to give you access to the data for these features.  A guide is available here.

When upgrading or moving computers its best to create a backup to a separate folder and restore from this folder.    You'll see a new backup type in the 2016 version which has an extension .rkn.  this is a zipped file that contains all your Quicken/RAP files in one file.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • ecco
    ecco Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2016
    HI John
    I have time to give this another go. I think my trial has expired. Are you able to send me another trial download link.
    I did try to open all the various files apart from .qdf but when I go to open them in the Reckon trial only the .qdf file is showing even though I copied the.qph one into the directory as well. Why is this? thanks
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Karin,

Here is a link for a trial:  http://home.reckon.com.au/support/Home/Downloads/TrialDownloads/PersonalPlus.aspx

You will only be able to see and open the .qdf file - this is your data file.  Users cannot access the other files directly; only the programme can access them when needed.

regards,
    john