transfer licence

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
I bought quicken programme in 1997 and our computer man has set up a new PC for us. I have a disk fro Personal 2006 and a couple of upgrades. How do I go about transferring the licence to our new PC Regards GB
Photo of Gerard Beard

Gerard Beard

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,120 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Gerard,

Welcome to the Reckon Community and great to hear from a long-time user.

Our records show that you were using the Quicken Personal Plus 2012 edition.  If you do not have a disk for this version you can download a copy, and your installation key, from the Reckon Members Area   You'll need to enter your Reckon Customer ID and PIN number.  

On your old PC you'll want to Validate and SuperValidate your datafile first to remove any errors, and then create a backup - we suggest you save this backup to a separate folder on your PC and then copy the entire folder to a USB stick.  Then uninstall the programme.

On your new PC create a folder for your current Quicken data file and a folder for your backup.  Copy the backup files into the backup folder. 

Install Quicken.  On the disk (or the unpacked downloaded installation file) there is a user guide if you need one.  

Open Quicken, Activate, and restore your backup and save the datafile to your current Quicken data file folder. 

Look forward to you using Quicken on your new PC.

regards,
John.  
Photo of Gerard Beard

Gerard Beard

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
John - Will give it a go on the weekend. Thanks for the quick reply Our computer bloke is pretty switched on and I think he has done things from his end. Is now up to me to finish off. Have a good one. Rgds GB