Transfer Reckon Accounts Pro 2013 to new computer

Options
SusanE
SusanE Member Posts: 7
My old computer is dying and I need to know how to transfer Reckon Accounts Pro 2013 to a new Windows 10 computer.  I have the original installation disk and key code.  I am a bit of a novice so if you could give me step by step instructions I would be most grateful.  I really don't want to lose my many years of data! Thanks

Comments

• Toni Jamieson
    Toni Jamieson Member Posts: 31
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi there

2013 Accounts is not compatible with Windows 10.  Neither is the new Accounts 2015 without a few workarounds.  I would suggest buying the new 2015 software and installing that on your new computer and then backing up your current data file then you can restore and upgrade the file on the new machine and then if you have issues have a look around on this forum as there has been quite a lot posted around this.

The actual official windows 10 compatible version will be out in a couple of months.

Otherwise you could go onto ReckonOnline Hosted which means you don't have to use your computers hardware as its online so it just needs a good internet connection.

Maybe give Reckon a call and discuss or contact an accredited consultant to work with you or your accountant.

Good luck!

• SusanE
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Oh dear. Thanks very much for your help, even though it's not really what I wanted to hear. I didn't really want to upgrade just yet as the  2013 version, with payroll, suits my purposes.  It looks as if I don't have much choice :(
  • SusanE
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi again,
    I just realised that, following a free upgrade shortly after I purchased the 2013 version, I now have Pro 2014.  Will this make a difference in relation to compatibility with Windows 10?
    Thanks for your thoughts.
  • Toni Jamieson
    Toni Jamieson Member Posts: 31
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes sorry as I said above there isn't a compatible version with windows 10 yet, only the one coming out in March/April this year. Maybe you should go onto hosted, that will save a lot of hassle going forward too!
  • SusanE
    edited February 2016
    Options
    OK, thanks Toni.  I'll keep an eye out for the new version and take it from there.  Normally I can go years between upgrades so am reluctant to go onto hosted.