Transfer share from one Broker to another

Chris Campbell_7017952
Chris Campbell_7017952 Member Posts: 5
I have Reckon Personal Plus 2016
I have two share Broker accounts I have transferred all my shares from one broker into my main broker account and no longer intend to use that Broker, I have held these shares for quite some time. I use a different transaction account with this broker as well. How do I show this in Reckon. I tried a few ways but when I pull out a few statistics the answers are wrong. This problem must arise quite often , so I am doing something wrong. Can some please help me.
Thanks Chris

Comments

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited August 2017

What do you mean by "wrong" ?

There are two main things to keep track of for each company:

1) number of shares

2) capital cost of the shares

Can you resolve if you have these correct for each company you hold shares?

There are other issues to keep track of, such as date of purchase.

Transferring shares between accounts can be via buy/sell or add/remove, although you have to be careful with add/remove to maintain the capital value of the purchase.

I would expect that if you did a holding report you should be able to identify what is wrong.

• Chris Campbell_7017952
    Chris Campbell_7017952 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2017
    Hi John (Cousin) I have 2 broker accounts Main one CMCMarkets which is an Internet Broker and Vested a full service broker. CMC Markets is my main Broker I have been using for several years. About 18 months ago I was talked into using a full service broker as well. Bought a few floats and a few shares over time. I would transfer money at the time of purchase from my self managed superfund bank account to Vested trading account. Finally have given up on the full service account as it wasnt working. Had my shares transferred into CMCMarkets. There is an area in Reckon where you are supposed to be able to transfer shares I tried this. It transferred the shares but left money in Vested trading account. To me they seemed weird amounts. I would of thought it would of just transferred the shares over with the original buy prices. How do I get around this. Not an accountant hence the question, not a computer genius either this is why I use an accounting program.
    Thanks Chris