transferring accounts 2014 (Download version) to a new computer

Options
Beres Taylor
Beres Taylor Member Posts: 3
I am using Quicken Accounts 2014 which I bought last year as a download. My computer has had a mishap and I am transferring to a new laptop running Windows 7 Professional. I can still get to the files on my old computer by mouse but its keyboard is dead(small liquid spill). I have tried unsuccessfully to transfer the software to the new laptop by means of copying it to an external drive and then to the program folder on the new computer.
I would go back to Quicken and redo the download but all my login details are not recognised by Intuit despite my using the products for over 10 years and having a record of product registration for most of that time As I have progressively upgraded the program.
Because I bought the full program, my licence is current till April 2017.
Questions -
1.Has Quicken done away with support for Accounts 2014?
2. Any suggestions on how I can recover my files-I run records for a couple of small businesses?

Comments

• Dan Fardon
    Dan Fardon Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2017
    Options

A long shot, I know, but have you tried linking an external keyboard to your laptop via USB or wireless, and then using that external keyboard?

Also, I still have all of the Quicken Help files from the old versions I have used on my computer, and still find them valuable.

As to recovering your files, have you still got any back-up copies on USB drives? I back-up rigorously to a USB both before and then after I record important or complex transactions in Reckon. That way, if the complex transaction does not work as planned, I can recall and use the back-up file as my main file. This technique lowers my stress level and gives me peace of mind.

Best wishes,

Dan Fardon

• Chris Appleby
    Chris Appleby Member Posts: 28
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I had a similar problem last year when my hard drive died. I was able to download the installation software. I think I then had to ring reckon to get the installation key. You would need your reckon account id and pin No which comes on the letter with the disks each time a new version comes out. the contact number is at the bottom of the support page on the reckon site
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Beres, I also notice you mentioned the name Intuit... are you using the US product made by Intuit Inc or Reckon the Aus Product?
  • Beres Taylor
    edited March 2015
    Options
    thanks for this suggestion Dan, it works!! $28 for a Logitec Wireless keyboard and mouse and I am back in business. Fortunately, I do have backups on External Drives so I haven't lost data and even after the mishap i still had mouse access so was able to move folders and files from the laptop. I just couldn't type things like some numbers or any new web addresses
  • Beres Taylor
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am using the Australian product but each time I attempted to access their website I was taken straight to Intuit  where of course I wasn't recognised with my Reckon log in details
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Try www.reckon.com to download, if you have issues with registration give customer service a call on 1800 Reckon.