Transfers cannot be created with Reconciliation Status of Reconcilled.

Options
Michelle Fendt
Michelle Fendt Member Posts: 10
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
Hi Rav,

I am having trouble posting a Journal entry that I use to record daily sales. It consists of 2 debits for EFTPOS taking and cash and one credit for the total daily sales. Please see the screen shoot below for the error message. I have used this same journal daily for several years without any issue.
Can you please look into this for me?

Thank you,

Michelle

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Michelle

Looks like you are trying to do the jnl entry in a period that has been reconciled, this would mean the period has also probably been locked after reconciliation.

Click on the bank account settings and remove or change the lock date.  Do the jnl then relock the bank to the date last reconciled.

This prevents any unintentional changes being made to a reconciled period
  • Michelle Fendt
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Thank you,

The bank account related to the journal entry is reconciled until 30 Sept 2019 and locked at 31 August 2019. I am unable to record any transactions dated 1 October onwards.
  • Michelle Fendt
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi Kevin,

I am using general journals to enter the daily POS figures purely due to efficiency of data entry. Creating a daily sales invoice then applying separate payments is far more tedious than the one GJ entry.
  • Michelle Fendt
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I have successfully recorded the journal entry this morning. I was using the Copy option on a journal dated 30/9/19 then changing the date to 1/10/19 and relevant figures when I got the above error. I created a new journal from scratch today dated 1/10/19 and have been able to post it successfully. A little glitch I will keep in mind in the future