Trial Payroll Pay Run

IT TGM
IT TGM Member Posts: 22
Is it possible to run a trial pay run before actually running a formal one? I am asking as the IT Manager for our small company. Therefore, I am unfamiliar with the pay run itself. The issue is that an employee joined and I believe added the pay run but they did not appear in the pay run for the period they started in.

The finance team has checked and compared against other employees and cannot locate any obvious cause. I have asked them to check a few things like Superannuation and contact details. But without doing an actual Pay Run we don't know if what we have done will correct the issue prior to the next actual Pay Run.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• IT TGM
    edited September 2018
    Thanks. According to the finance team it is set the same as everyone else 'fortnightly'. Is there some that triggers when the fortnight starts? for example is a fortnight after their start date and therefore, they would be in some other cycle? Or is everyone given the same baseline that is in the same pay run?

It feels to me that this particular employee is on the fringe (date wise) somehow 
  • IT TGM
    edited September 2018
    Thanks. Verified all of that. I went and had a look myself and the trap for newbies is that whilst Bank Details had been set, the payment method was Cheque and not Bank deposit. Hence the employee was not showing up in the ABA file generation phase.

thanks for your assistance
  • IT TGM
    edited September 2018
    Agreed. Keep in mind I am doing this from the IT SUPPORT SIDE and am NOT the end user. Your suggestions gave me enough to go to the user and spot the probable cause. Also, keep in mind this is PAYROLL and therefore sensitive and hence I had to work with what I had. Appreciate your time