Trouble exporting report to excell

becky_10041564
becky_10041564 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi all, I am having trouble with exporting reports into excell - it has started to grey out the option of exporting to a worksheet and I can only export to a csv file - is this because my old version of reckon is not compatible with my excell 2019 version?

Comments

• Vickie Wesolowski
    Vickie Wesolowski Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2019
    HI Becky, I'm using Reckon Desktop 2018 with Excel 2016 and I can't save to Excel either. It stopped working a year or so ago. Reckon's suggestion was to open Reckon as an administrator but that created other problems so in the end I gave up and now export to .csv and then format and resave to .xlsx which is an absolute pain.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Ladies

Vickie - I am running desktop 2018 & excel 2016 and it works fine.  Having said that I have an issue with excel occasionally 'not responding'.  This happens occasionally on export but I find if excel is open first I don't have an issue.

Becky - What vers of Reckon are you running?  2019 office will be the issue, I have regretted the day i upgraded from 2013, can you set excel to work as older version or have 2 excel versions installed an old 2010-13 and your current one.  Other programs cannot recognise open office or office 365 on the cloud, it has to be installed on PC.
  • Vickie Wesolowski
    Vickie Wesolowski Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2019
    It used to work for me too but unfortunately it doesn't anymore.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Becky try repairing excel or office from the control panel>programs or reinstalling.

First check all windows updates are installed,check any office updates are done first.  Close all programs before repair or re-installing office