Trouble opening a Cashbook 2004 backup file on a new PC. Windows 10

Options
Tom Carson
Tom Carson Member Posts: 2
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am having trouble opening a Cashbook 2004 backup file on a new PC. I restore the backup from a USB stick. But get an error "Cant Open File." However, if I open the file on the USB stick directly it opens with no problem. I have also tryed coping and pasting the data files from the USB stick to a folder on the PC, but encounter the same error "Cant Open File."

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi there Tom, welcome to the Community,

When you tried moving the file to your PC and then restoring was it from the Desktop? Just a basic suggestion here first to eliminate any potential file/folder restrictions imposed on any other locations, try copying the backup file to the Desktop from your USB drive and then try restoring.

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Also check that the file isn't set to 'read only' or it has a security block if it came from another computer, you will need to unblock it.

right click the backup file on  your Pc > properties

• Tom Carson
    Tom Carson Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thanks for suggestions. Have tried both but no success. There was no security block.  I can still only open the file from the usb. I then tried back up that file once open and save to hard drive but this would not work.