Trust name on all documents since change to STP

Options
Caroline_7309439
Caroline_7309439 Member Posts: 14
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Since changing over to STP I have had to change the Company name in the system to match our ABN which in our case is a Trust Name. How can I place our Business name in Quickbooks Hosted so that this shows on all payslips, remitances etc.?

My STP would not work unless the Trust name was in the Company Name and Legal Name fields. STP is working perfectly but now all the staff and suppliers are getting all documents in the Trust name that does not relate to the Business name at all so they don't know who is paying them.

Can you please advise me how to fix this without it effecting my STP uploads.

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    HI Caroline.  There is a pretty easy fix for this.  You will need to customise each of your forms.  With the legal name now appearing on your forms, change the font size to something smaller than usual.  Then add a Text Box above the legal name and insert the trading name inside this text box.  If you are using personalised stationery, you might have a bit more of a problem trying to do this.

In my case now, I have the legal name added in a text box, but if STP requires it to be the dominant name, I will have to revert to what I have said above when I have to use STP.
    John L G
  • Caroline_7309439
    Caroline_7309439 Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Excellent thank you John this has been a perfect fix.

• Mooshie Ervin
    Mooshie Ervin Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I've just been pulling my hair out, wondering why so many of my suppliers couldn't marry up my Online banking payments because now they say "The Trustee for" only due to line sizes,  and they can't marry up our payments this way. Had so many overdue notices and what not...... how do we fix the online banking side of things so the file we carry over (ABA) shows our company name to our suppliers instead of our Trust name?
    I should point out, that I DO sent remittances, but they don't seem to work :P