Trust Tax Return V Error GEN.001011

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I am getting the following V Error in all Trust Tax Returns for 2017 GEN.001011 Field value supplied exceeds maximum field length (Agent's telephone area code [2])...nothing I do including removing the phone number gets rid of this error.  When I click on Help I get "Can't reach this page"
Photo of Jodie Hill

Jodie Hill

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Matthew

Matthew, Employee

• 612 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
HI Jodie,

I see you have a support ticket logged Ill ask support to follow up.

Matthew
Photo of Matthew

Matthew, Employee

• 612 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
In the Trust Details Tab at the top right you can change the ATO Format back to ELS to clear the error.
Photo of Lisa Hains

Lisa Hains

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same issue.  Why should it make any difference if it is in ELS or SBR?  We will all need to lodge using the PLS / SBR platform soon.  Will this issue be rectified by 11 November?
Photo of Jodie Hill

Jodie Hill

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I fixed my problem. It was how I had my mobile number set up under tax agent in Practice Manager
Photo of Lisa Hains

Lisa Hains

Thanks Jodie.  I have now fixed that problem too by editing my mobile number under tax agent in practice manager tax agent set up.
Photo of Steven Ivanopoulos

Steven Ivanopoulos, Employee

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Lisa,

As the data in the background is vastly different between ELS and SBR, the ATO have provided a new set of validation rules for SBR. 

This particular validation error is different in SBR compared to ELS, as in ELS the area code was specified as being restricted to a maximum of 4 digits, while in SBR this has changed to 2.

Hope this helps.

Steve
Photo of Lisa Hains

Lisa Hains

Thank you
Photo of Steven Ivanopoulos

Steven Ivanopoulos, Employee

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Jodie,

This particular validation error is caused by the Tax Agents telephone area code being longer than 2 digits. This is different to ELS where the ATO specified a maximum length of 4 for the same field.

Steve

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.