Trying install Reckon accounts 2019, but keep getting message "The installation was interrupted before Reckon Accounts could be installed.

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
I'm trying to install Reckon accounts 2019 - desktop version, but I keep getting the message: "The installation was interrupted before Reckon Accounts could be installed. Click Finish to exit the installation wizard."  It has installed flawlessly on my other machines.
Photo of Brynton Fennell

Brynton Fennell

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of John_P

John_P

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I had a similar problem,and it was caused by the print spooler service. Try turning it off and try installing again.
Photo of Brynton Fennell

Brynton Fennell

Thanks John, tried it but still no success.
Photo of JS

JS

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi,
I'm having the same issue, did you rectify the problem? 
Photo of Brynton Fennell

Brynton Fennell

No luck yet - need to find the time to call technical - already tried once but had tpo give up after 40 mins.
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 23,372 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Brynton.  Did you ever get anywhere with this?  I am also having the same problem and would love to know what your fix might have been.
John L G
Photo of Brynton Fennell

Brynton Fennell

Finally spoke to Tech.  After a full reinstall off the web site, it boiled down to switching off the print spooler, and then switching it on again.  Miraculously the program loaded and I managed to successfully install it.
Photo of JS

JS

Yes I called tech also and recording told me they are maxed out with other calls and hung up on me. that's the service you get for being a member and paying annual subscription. 
Why do they release rubbish that doesn't work.  
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 23,372 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi JS.  Did you ever get anywhere with this?  I am also having the same problem and would love to know what your fix might have been.
John L G
Photo of Brynton Fennell

Brynton Fennell

Finally spoke to Tech.  After a full reinstall off the web site, it boiled down to switching off the print spooler, and then switching it on again.  Miraculously the program loaded and I managed to successfully install it.
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 21,960 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thank you, Brynton.  After spending a number of hours and many attempts and many options, at getting the install to work, I came across the Knowledge Base article: 
                 Installation Interrupted when installing Accounts Business
This time around, I followed the very specific steps of stopping the Print Spooler and then Starting it (not re-starting it, which I had done on a previous attempt).  In addition, I turned off anti-virus, the firewall and the internet.  Like you, miraculously, it worked!!  And, thank heavens I didn't have to go through the process of updating the tax tables, as they were already included in the current download.
John L G
Photo of JS

JS

Hi John
Yes I managed to get it working. 
Photo of Chris James

Chris James

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I was having trouble installing on a Citrix server Windows 2016. Thanks for the info. In an admin command prompt I ran net stop spooler, which also stops the Citrix Print Manager Service, then ran net start spooler. Don't start the Citrix Print Manager Service, and Reckon Accounts 2019 should install.