Trying install Reckon accounts 2019, but keep getting message "The installation was interrupted befo

Brynton Fennell
Brynton Fennell Member Posts: 6
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I'm trying to install Reckon accounts 2019 - desktop version, but I keep getting the message: "The installation was interrupted before Reckon Accounts could be installed. Click Finish to exit the installation wizard."  It has installed flawlessly on my other machines.

Comments

• John_P
    John_P Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I had a similar problem,and it was caused by the print spooler service. Try turning it off and try installing again.
  • Brynton Fennell
    edited June 2019
    Thanks John, tried it but still no success.
  • JS_7603250
    JS_7603250 Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2019
    Hi,
    I'm having the same issue, did you rectify the problem? 
  • Brynton Fennell
    edited July 2020
    No luck yet - need to find the time to call technical - already tried once but had tpo give up after 40 mins.
  • JS_7603250
    edited July 2020
    Yes I called tech also and recording told me they are maxed out with other calls and hung up on me. that's the service you get for being a member and paying annual subscription. 
    Why do they release rubbish that doesn't work.  
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi JS.  Did you ever get anywhere with this?  I am also having the same problem and would love to know what your fix might have been.
    John L G
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2019
    Hi Brynton.  Did you ever get anywhere with this?  I am also having the same problem and would love to know what your fix might have been.
    John L G
  • Brynton Fennell
    edited July 2019
    Finally spoke to Tech.  After a full reinstall off the web site, it boiled down to switching off the print spooler, and then switching it on again.  Miraculously the program loaded and I managed to successfully install it.

• Brynton Fennell
    edited July 2020
    Finally spoke to Tech.  After a full reinstall off the web site, it boiled down to switching off the print spooler, and then switching it on again.  Miraculously the program loaded and I managed to successfully install it.
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2019
    Thank you, Brynton.  After spending a number of hours and many attempts and many options, at getting the install to work, I came across the Knowledge Base article: 
                     Installation Interrupted when installing Accounts Business
    ?This time around, I followed the very specific steps of stopping the Print Spooler and then ?Starting? it (not re-starting it, which I had done on a previous attempt).  In addition, I turned off anti-virus, the firewall and the internet.  Like you, miraculously, it worked!!  And, thank heavens I didn't have to go through the process of updating the tax tables, as they were already included in the current download.
    John L G
  • JS_7603250
    edited July 2019
    Hi John
    Yes I managed to get it working. 
  • Chris James
    Chris James Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    I was having trouble installing on a Citrix server Windows 2016. Thanks for the info. In an admin command prompt I ran net stop spooler, which also stops the Citrix Print Manager Service, then ran net start spooler. Don't start the Citrix Print Manager Service, and Reckon Accounts 2019 should install.
  • Scott Bennett
    Scott Bennett Member Posts: 2

so many people including my self having same problem. This is rubish for a supposed top line software program. Our firm uses QB, Xero and MYOB and this is the only program we have problems with . Thinking best option is to move the 30 or so clients out of QB. Shouldnt have to deal with this poor programing.😣

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff

Hi Scott,

There is a help article for this error found here: https://help.reckon.com/article/bqtzzcq5y4.

The most common cause is from print spooler dependent services conflicting with the installation. The above article will show you how to deal with this.

Another common cause is if a copy of Reckon Accounts of the same year is already installed. For example if you are trying to install Reckon Accounts 2020 R2, but Reckon Accounts 2020 R1 is still installed it was cause this error. You would need to uninstall the previous installation first.

Kind Regards,

Shane.