Trying to cancel my account Reckon One

Andrew Jack
Andrew Jack Member Posts: 3
edited June 2019 in Reckon One
Hi everyone, I posted this as a reply elsewhere but I'm not sure it's going to get seen there so I thought I'd post it here too. Yesterday I sat on hold for 20 minutes trying to cancel my Reckon One account too.  The option I'm given on the NZ number is 1 for hosted support and 2 for Reckon One. Tried 2, just sat there for twenty minutes listening to a music loop.

Called back and tried 1, gave up after 10 minutes. 

You guys need an online cancellation system.

So, if I can't cancel my account over the phone, what's my next option? 

Comments

• Bill McLeod
    Bill McLeod Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2019
    I know how you feel as last week I tried to call them as I'm being charged for an account I don't know anything about. I did get someone the first time after being hold for ages only to be transferred to someone else who didn't answer and the co ask dropped. Next day I tried again 3 times but a system message told me that for to work load my call would not be answered. I have been using Reckon for several years now but this is unacceptable so will see if my bank can stop the direct debit to them - maybe a solution for you also! ?Sent from BlueMail ?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Andrew & Bill,
    Sorry to hear we've kept you waiting for an extended period of time on your calls through. Our Reckon One cancellations are actioned by our sales & service team who typically aren't queuing at the moment. Our technical support teams on the other hand are extremely busy at the moment due to EOFY (AU) so I'm guessing you may have inadvertently ended up in their queue.
    We're going to review our phone queue messaging to ensure this is minimised.

If your Reckon One subscription still requires cancellation, our team can definitely sort this for you and rather than asking you to call us again, can you please shoot through both your and your Reckon One subscription details to us in an email to reckonone@reckon.com and the team will action this for you.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Andrew Jack
    Andrew Jack Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav, thanks for your reply. I have emailed them, but have not yet had a reply. Happy to give it a couple of days as I appreciate they may be busy, but I am very keen not to be charged for a product I'm not using.