TRYING TO IMPORT INTO 2017 UPGRADE MY BACKUP FILES FROM EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE. MESSAGE:- Some backup

Vicki Bailey
Vicki Bailey Member Posts: 2
I AM TRYING TO IMPORT INTO ACCTS HOME AND BUSINESS 2017 UPGRADE MY COMPANY FILES (USED ACCOUNTS PLUS 2013) FROM BACKUP ON EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE AND MESSAGE COMES UP:- Some backup files are missing. Unable to continue.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited May 2017
    Hello Vicki,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Home & Business is of a different product line (Reckon Accounts Personal Range (formerly Quicken)) than Plus 2013 (Reckon Accounts Business Range (formerly Quickbooks)) and their data files are not interchangeble.

You will need to start afresh in Home & Business.

Pick your time to make the change - like after a BAS period or financial year.  Print out a Trial Balance report and use this for opening balances for your accounts in H&B.

regards,
    John. 

• Vicki Bailey
    Vicki Bailey Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2017
    Hi John and thanks so much for your prompt reply.
    I really need our business history to refer to.
    Can you help me by advising what product I should have upgraded to please?
    regards
    Vicki
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited May 2017
    Hi Vicki,

The usual upgrade from RA Plus 2013 is to the current version RA Plus 2017.  You will have a product that is configured to work with Windows 10, Outlook 2016 and webmail, have a number of enhancements and new features, access to the current tax tables for payroll processing and be complaint for SuperStream and Taxable Payments reporting for building industry contractors. 

If you need more features than available on Plus, consider an upgrade to RA Premier 2 User or RA Hosted where you will have features of the top line RA release (Enterprise) that is accessible on the internet, and accessble from wherever you can access the internet.    See our comparison table here.

Moving to an option with fewer features is a little more difficult as your company file cannot be downgraded.  You can consider Reckon One and with it we can offer to migrate your lists from RA Plus at no charge and your transactions at a fee (you'll have to get a quote from us).

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John