Two of my employees are being taxed differently when I run the payroll. They earn exactly the same, Please help

• Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
Hi, I have noticed that two of my employees are being taxed differently when I run the payroll. They earn exactly the same, but the tax calculation is $85 difference. I have checked the tax table version and all their details, they are setup exactly the same. I have had to manually change the tax amount. I have even checked to make sure the amounts are the same on the ATO tax tables. Please help
Photo of Nancy

Nancy

• 70 Points

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 23,706 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Nancy. Can you supply more information such as gross amount, tax being deducted and what is being calculated for tax. It is possible that you are taxing the SGC contribution but there are other possibilities
John L G
Photo of Linda Putland

Linda Putland, Accredited Partner

• 15,132 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Something must be different for it to calculate different amounts - check their Tax Scales in the Taxes section of the Payroll & Compensation window... check any tickboxes or amounts for HELP debt, extra tax etc... check the super items as suggested by John...make sure there are NO tickets in the Taxes section of the super items.  :)
Photo of Linda Putland

Linda Putland, Accredited Partner

• 15,132 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Unless of course its a salary sacrifice super amount - which does need the payg tax ticked!  :)