Unable to backup file in Reckon Accounts Hosted

Options
Anna Harvey
Anna Harvey Member Posts: 11
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have successfully run data verification and data rebuild but when I go and do a backup it returns a message "Reckon Accounts was unable to backup company file". It does not provide a reason for the failure. Anyone have a solution Please!

Comments

• Ross Witte
    Ross Witte Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Same here, have the same problem since going to hosted!!!!!

• Marg Day
    Marg Day Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Same problem here, most of my files backed up but 3 would not, how can I upgrade to Hosted 2019 if I can't back up those 3 files
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,224 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited June 2019
    Options
    You call me and let me do it for you
    Gerry 0418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Marg Day
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Thanks very much Gerry, problem all solved, speedy, efficient and friendly service.  A great start to the week  10/10 :) 

• Rosemary
    Rosemary Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Keep getting this message as well, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't
  • Jodie Stevenson
    Jodie Stevenson Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Me too  :((  Backed up 4 files successfully - but have one that is unable to back up - Any ideas?
  • Marg Day
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I uploaded the file to Reckon staff, they backed it up for me and upgraded the file to the new year. 
  • Marg Day
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I uploaded the file to Reckon staff, they backed it up for me and upgraded the file to the new year.
  • Marg Day
    edited July 2019
    Options
  • Jodie Stevenson
    Jodie Stevenson Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2019
    Options
    All fixed - all I did was File - Exit and then reopened the file and unticked "Limit the number...." and it worked.
  • Lee_8688889
    Lee_8688889 Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I am getting this message now. I tried Jodie's suggestion of unticking the Limit the number of backups but the box is shaded and I can't untick this. I increased the number but it had no change. 

This is the message. Any suggestions? I went through the process and did the upgrade back in early July so i can't imagine it has to do with that. or can it?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I have 3 files, all opening in 2019, however this morning I was unable to backup one of them. I verified and had no problems, but rebuilt data anyway, still can’t backup, same message as Lee