Unable to backup file in Reckon Accounts Hosted

Anna Harvey
Anna Harvey Member Posts: 11
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have successfully run data verification and data rebuild but when I go and do a backup it returns a message "Reckon Accounts was unable to backup company file". It does not provide a reason for the failure. Anyone have a solution Please!

Comments

• Ross Witte
    Ross Witte Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2019
    Same here, have the same problem since going to hosted!!!!!

• Marg Day
    Marg Day Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2019
    Same problem here, most of my files backed up but 3 would not, how can I upgrade to Hosted 2019 if I can't back up those 3 files
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited June 2019
    You call me and let me do it for you
    Gerry 0418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Marg Day
    edited July 2019
    Thanks very much Gerry, problem all solved, speedy, efficient and friendly service.  A great start to the week  10/10 :) 

• Rosemary
    Rosemary Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2019
    Keep getting this message as well, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't
  • Jodie Stevenson
    Jodie Stevenson Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2019
    Me too  :((  Backed up 4 files successfully - but have one that is unable to back up - Any ideas?
  • Marg Day
    edited July 2019
    I uploaded the file to Reckon staff, they backed it up for me and upgraded the file to the new year. 
  • Marg Day
    edited July 2019
    I uploaded the file to Reckon staff, they backed it up for me and upgraded the file to the new year.
  • Marg Day
    edited July 2019
  • Jodie Stevenson
    Jodie Stevenson Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2019
    All fixed - all I did was File - Exit and then reopened the file and unticked "Limit the number...." and it worked.
  • Lee_8688889
    Lee_8688889 Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I am getting this message now. I tried Jodie's suggestion of unticking the Limit the number of backups but the box is shaded and I can't untick this. I increased the number but it had no change. 

This is the message. Any suggestions? I went through the process and did the upgrade back in early July so i can't imagine it has to do with that. or can it?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    I have 3 files, all opening in 2019, however this morning I was unable to backup one of them. I verified and had no problems, but rebuilt data anyway, still can’t backup, same message as Lee