Unable to backup files with newly installed Reckon Personal Accounts 2019 Error code 7213

Michael_10229581
Michael_10229581 Member Posts: 2
I installed Reckon Personal Accounts 2019 on a new computer and it is working well, but it will not do backups. I get Error code 7213.

Comments

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2019
    Hi Michael,

Consider:

* Try backing up to the local hard disk drive instead of a network folder or external USB device

* Ensure that the data file name is not too long (keep it to 8 characters)

* Making a copy of the data file set as an alternative to using the built-in backup feature

Data file set is comprised of multiple files with the same name with different file extensions

Example: if your data file is called QDATA, then there would be multiple files in that set

QDATA.QDF
    QDATA.QEL
    QDATA.QIN
    QDATA.QPH
    etc

Regards,

Data Recovery Team

• Michael_10229581
    Michael_10229581 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2019
    Many thanks for help.

Renamed file and it fixed the backup problem.

Seems odd the file name length became a problem with a new computer. My original file name was only 6 characters but Quicken has always made it very long in the backup with no problems until I started using new machine.

Could not rename the file with the Rename function in File operations so used MS Outlook rename function.

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    edited September 2019
    Glad we could be of assistance.

Regards,

Data Recovery Team
  • Michael Sandner
    Michael Sandner Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2019
    Note from data Recovery Team: Basic function of software does not work. Use workaround to make product work as intended !
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    edited September 2019
    The backup function does work.
    If you are encountering a problem, use whichever method works.
    Use workaround until a solution is found!

• David H
    David H Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2019
    @Data Rec, I respectfully disagree.
    Backups stopped working for me, then started again several weeks later with no changes to either Windows or Reckon Accounts Personal. I know there were no updates, because it was running on a Windows XP system.
    One day in July this year, backups stopped working and haven't worked since, despite me renaming the file and upgrading to RAP 2020 and Windows 10. 
    The file name is QDATA and I've tried various backup directories, on the internal drive external drives and network drives, including C:\. The backup always fails.
    @Michael Sandner is correct: "Basic function of software does not work". Except that at least one workaround doesn't work, either.
This discussion has been closed.