Unable to backup Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015

Options
Sue Heijm
Sue Heijm Member Posts: 1
After sorting multiple backup files dating back 7 years into yearly folders I am able to open the files and work on them but cannot backup files. The files are backed up in fact but I get a message asaying Reckon has encountered a problem and has to close. I have tried validating & super validating. I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling Reckon. I am using Windows 7.

Comments

• Deny Dharmawan
    Deny Dharmawan Alumni Posts: 141
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi Sue,

Sounds like that is a benign error as the file is backed up.

Please try to rename the filename, from File > File Operations > Rename.

Make sure that the new name is less than eight characters long, does not contain any non-alphanumeric characters, or spaces.

Regards,

Deny Dharmawan

• John Lescohier
    John Lescohier Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This comment/ solution is of no use.  Sorry, the problem is not file length nor file name.  It appears to be a Reckon software problem that Reckon does not care to look into or fix without gouging users with an expensive 1900XXXXXX call cost to the user.
  • Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi John,

If you are experiencing the above error when you're trying to backup your file then could you please try moving your data file to the default location. The default location is: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Sample

If you cannot see ProgramData this is a hidden folder. To show a hidden folder please follow the instructions found here.

Once you have done this try backing up your data file again.

I hope this helps.

Luke.
  • John Lescohier
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Makes no difference. The problem persists. The software coding is faulty. Recommend others just live with it as Reckon has no solution. I have devised my own workaround.
  • John Lescohier
    edited December 2016
    Options
    It is disappointing that a good product is now so troublesome. Perhaps Reckon is heading for bankruptcy with the low reliability and poor customer service which is the hallmark of their product. Xero is the up and comer and MYOB the current foundation product.j