Unable to download ASX Share prices for Thursday 14 June, 2018

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Solved

Last night I wasn't able to download ASX Share prices for Thursday 14 June, 2018.  I've tried again this morning, with the same (non) result.

No error messages or anything.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this may be, and more importantly, what can be done to correct it.

John

Photo of John-T

John-T

• 402 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 61,234 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi John,
Is this affecting all your ASX shares or a select few?

Which edition of Personal Plus are you using?

We tested just now and ASX share price downloads were successful.
(Edited)
Photo of Chris Campbell

Chris Campbell

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi all I cannot download my data either 14th and 15th June 2018Is this problem being addressed
Chris
Photo of Chris Campbell

Chris Campbell

Hi re my data download not working 14th and 15th June I need to add that I have personal plus 2016 Windows 10
Photo of Trevor Wenzel

Trevor Wenzel

• 70 Points
Same here, quite frustrating. Acounts personal plus 2016, using windows 7 professional, Licence valid til 26/7/2026, online services valid til 26/7/2018, got a reminder during the week, No updates of Aust listed shares on 14,15, 16th. What's going on?
(Edited)
Photo of Peter Ferrett

Peter Ferrett

• 288 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Same problem. Version 2016 online licence exp 28/09/2018.No updates 24 and 25 June
Photo of Chris Campbell

Chris Campbell

The price download for the18th isn't correct and days before either haven't worked or are wrong.via do hope when you get it to work you do give us the back dated data as well
Photo of Frank t

Frank t

• 242 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Au Share prices.

Unable to download Au share prices starting last night. Us prices download. Using PP2016. Can you help?
Photo of Anne C

Anne C

• 452 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I've had no share prices since the 8th June. PP2016, and online licence valid to 8/8/18
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

• 3,706 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Likewise, no Aussie updates since the 13th on any of my 4 Files.  US stocks downloaded on 14th.  No Error Message and online licence valid until 1/9/18.

Come on Rav - what's causing this?
Photo of Gayle Stanton

Gayle Stanton

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled share price downloads Peronal Plus 2016.

My Personal Plus 2016 (purchased in August 2016) has not downloaded any share prices since 30 May 2018 at 10.22.

Many thanks for your help
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi all,
From the reports so far, this seems to be isolated to the 2016 edition. I tested on Personal Plus 2018 yesterday and like Gary's post above, the update worked normally.

Sounds pretty strange, I imagine its all coming from the one source but I could be wrong about that. I'll speak to the product team about this on Monday morning and come back to you with more info. 
Yeah, I'm having the same problem & my licence expires 4/8/18.
Photo of J R EVANS

J R EVANS

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Rav, looking forward to your findings on Monday. For the record:   
  1.  I previously replied on a similar thread started 18 hours ago by Gayle Stanton.
  2.  I've had the same problem on PP 2016 since 14 June. Win10 PC           
  3.  My online licence expires 21/7/18.     4
  4. Had this problem (with many others) in Jul 2015.
(Edited)
Photo of John-T

John-T

• 402 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Hi Rav,

Thanks for taking the time to check in to see what's going on, even though it's a weekend and you're not able to do anything until Monday.

By the way the number of comments here is growing, it looks like a widespread problem with PP2016, so I imagine there will be a large number of anxious Reckon clients/customers waiting for a satisfactory response, and fix, early in the day on Monday.

Good luck to you and the tech team in coming up with the goods on Monday.

John-T

Photo of Live4life

Live4life

• 440 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I look forwrd to your reply on Monday Rav, because my PP 2016, expiry 14/8/2018, has also not downloaded the the following days, 13, 14, 15.Martin
Photo of st

st

• 1,940 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Same problem for me, no ASX downloads from Thursday (14 Jun 2018).  I use 2016 version but licence valid until Nov 2018.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Good morning all,

I've had a chat with the product team regarding your reports this morning and they're about to undertake some testing to determine what's happening.

Will come back to you all with more info as soon as I hear back.
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

Same for me, Steven.  8th downloaded, but not 14th or 15th
Photo of Trevor Wenzel

Trevor Wenzel

• 70 Points
So it's up dated for the 18th. So what do we do for the 14th, 15, 16th.? Forget about them?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi guys,
We're still doing a bit of work in the background on the server which is why you're seeing those results.

More to come
re: Trevor Wenzel's comment.   Looking at an example.....    The pricing for "RKN" lines up OK with the stated prices found here:  per the ASX.     https://www.asx.com.au/asx/share-price-research/company/RKN    for 7th, thru 15th June 2018......    Some examples of remaining concerns would be useful please.

Gaz
(Edited)
Photo of Peter Gadd

Peter Gadd

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Thanks Rav & Team, all seems well again, downloaded ASX prices successfully this morning, 19th. June 2018.

Peter G

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,
The issue affecting share price downloads for the 2016 editions has been resolved.

The team have addressed the problem at the server level and as such, installation of a patch is not required in this instance.

Unfortunately a couple of days of data (14 & 15 June) has been missed and not retrievable via this channel for the 2016 version. You can however enter these days manually.  

To manually enter, right click the share and select Price History, and then click on New.
There are many sources that provide share price histories and one easy source is https://au.finance.yahoo.com/lookup

A guide for importing price history from a CSV file is available in this KB:
Importing Share Price Data into Reckon Personal using the CSV (Comma Seperated Value) file format.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused over the last few days, and thank you all again for your patience while we worked through this.
(Edited)
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

Glad it's been sorted, Rav.

An brief explanation of the cause of the problem would be appreciated.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 60,326 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
One of the servers used in the old share price server had an unexpected restart and part of the share price routines did not restart after this reboot.

This is something that will not happen in the new share server infrastructure as we have secondary servers ie. if one goes down, another takes its place etc.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.